• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this the best Panthers pass rush in franchise history?

Zod

Time will tell if it's better than 2013 but have more depth across the D-Line. Hardy had 15, Johnson had 11 no other player had more than 4

T.D - 4 , Mike Mitchell - 4, Captain- 3, Dwan Edward's ‐ 3, Star - 3, Luke -2,  Short 1.5. So two defensive lineman and a bunch of corners and linebackers

We're can get more pressure with the D-line without having to blitz the secondary with Haynes, Brown, Fox, Jones, YGM and I fully expect at least two of them to have more than 4 sacks likely Fox and Brown.

1 minute ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

the thing I have been thinking recently is - How TF are we going to be able to resign Reddick (only a 1yr deal) and still retain Burns when he is off his rookie deal?

I think we need to keep them both and keep this line together for the next few years - but not sure it is doable..

It is doable, the saints do it every year.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

I think it could be. Even up against the days of Pepp and Rucker.

They are more consistent in applying pressure than even Pep and Rucker were.  Pep would have plays and games that just reminds you how unreal he is, but the pass rush with this defense now is more consistent and relentless.  

I would be interested to see stats comparison from Kevin Greene and Lamar Lathon led pass rush in 1996.  They were really good.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Del Rio was special, too bad we couldn't hold onto him

Well it's hard to call someone special when they couldn't repeat the same thing twice. Good most definitely, special I'm not sure of. I would say he was probably as good as McDermott and that's not a knock.