• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How was this forward progress?

Mage

Can anyone explain this to me? By far the most indefensible call made against my team that I can remember.

Seriously, is there any explanation? We lost a game by one possession largely due to that call. This deserves its own thread and an explanation from the refs. How is that forward progress and not 99% of other plays?

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

Just now, Star Platinum said:

It’s more a case of a trigger happy officiating team, they had already mistaken a fumble earlier they wanted to be more conservative afterwards, I sincerely doubt malice or incompetence play into it although I do wish it went our way.

Oh, incompetence was definitely at play. You absolutely cannot after the fact make a determination of stopped forward progress on a play that has resulted in a fumble with no whistle on the field. That's inexcusable officiating. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Star Platinum said:

It’s more a case of a trigger happy officiating team, they had already mistaken a fumble earlier they wanted to be more conservative afterwards, I sincerely doubt malice or incompetence play into it although I do wish it went our way.

Nah. There is literally no way any sensible person could have seen that as forward progress. And I was at the game. Even Dallas fans around me agreed.

Besides they called it forward progress after the fact. No whistle blew.

• Pie 2