• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What happened to our D in Dallas?

SBBlue

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

You guys really undervalue the importance of being able to cover in Snow’s scheme.

I tried telling you specifically @SBBlue that Jaycee going down would have a domino effect. 

CJ needs to get up to speed for Philadelphia this week or it’ll be a lot of the same. 

I will admit I was surprised how easily they moved the ball on the ground today though. 

I didn't say that the loss of Horn would have no impact, in fact I agree that it hurt the D.  But I didn't expect the wheels to fall off.   We couldn't stop the run.  We didn't get to the QB, almost at all.  We have said all along, that the corners locking down receivers give the line time.  Apparently our D won't work until Henderson is up to speed.   

The talk about refs and holding may hold weight with our own fans but nobody else cares. We got punched in the mouth from the start and they didn't let up. Carolina ran into a more motivated opponent with a damn good oline and plenty talent of their own. In truth we seemed ill-prepared for the moment. Can't have that if a winning season is the goal.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They made halftime adjustments and we didn't. D looked fine in the 1st half. Got wrecked in the 2nd half.

We didn't get the QB any better in the 1st half, despite them having more passing yards in the first half. 103 of 188 yards passing for Dallas was in the first half.

They realized at half time we weren’t showing any type of gap disciple. They adjusted and we didn’t. I do not know what Phil thought would happen but. They kept pulling linemen into the blitz and our guys weren’t strong or big enough to handle all those big bodies inside. That needs to be adjusted ASAP. We need a few looks with more big bodies in the middle. Guys holding the edge and LBs not so eager to get through the line of scrimmage after the snap. Pollard and Zeke hesitated before each run because they knew we’d come fast and once the bodies got stuck between the hog mollies they just squeezed through without being touched. 

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

You guys really undervalue the importance of being able to cover in Snow’s scheme.

I tried telling you specifically @SBBlue that Jaycee going down would have a domino effect. 

CJ needs to get up to speed for Philadelphia this week or it’ll be a lot of the same. 

I will admit I was surprised how easily they moved the ball on the ground today though. 

I agree with this take for the most part but we can't use this as an excuse. Defense got outplayed today. We gotta do better.

We need a true Mike. We still don't have that.

• Pie 1

This is largely a game of momentum.  When the refs make, or do not make, obvious calls without bias, then it turns a fair game into a charade.  Shame on the refa for that.  Dak and Zeke had several great plays today.  Cannot take away their obvious talent. Would they have had as many big plays if Dallas' Oline was called for obvious holding earlier in the game?  Probably not.  But the fumble turnover that was disallowed for review is an absolute game changer for momentum. 14 point swing, potentially, and ensured Panthers would not get the chance to take over the game.  That call was utter BS...

Did I use the word obvious too much? Lol.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SHU said:

This is largely a game of momentum.  When the refs make, or do not make, obvious calls without bias, then it turns a fair game into a charade.  Shame on the refa for that.  Dak and Zeke had several great plays today.  Cannot take away their obvious talent. Would they have had as many big plays if Dallas' Oline was called for obvious holding earlier in the game?  Probably not.  But the fumble turnover that was disallowed for review is an absolute game changer for momentum. 14 point swing, potentially, and ensured Panthers would not get the chance to take over the game.  That call was utter BS...

Did I use the word obvious too much? Lol.  

The PI call early on DJax was BS.  It was perfect coverage.

• Pie 2