• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A critique of Darnold through 4 games

LinvilleGorge

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

The oline is bad and needs to be upgraded as much as possible. But it goes both ways.

He has processing issues in the pocket. Really like to see him get quicker. He’s really good in scramble drill and plays outside the pocket. This right here is stuff he needs to work on the most. 

That was a weird play; it looked like he was going to have time for a deep read. Nobody would've expected that Paradis would get instantly choke slammed like that. I'm sure there are some other examples, though.

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

In reality, "loser mentality" is acting like the first sign of adversity means everything is wrong and we have to start over.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Way more than four games. Heck, probably most of the season.

I know everybody wants to say they were the first one to call something, but I don't give a sh-t about that silliness. I prefer having the patience to truly see how things play out.

Me saying that I would like to see something behind Darnold has nothing to do with first sign of adversity. The Seahawks drafted Russell Wilson knowing they had already signed Matt Flynn. That was before one game in their system. You are so used to having loser GMs, that you have a loser mentality and thinking preparedness equals lottery ticket mentality. Your trying to  play it off like we are only saying this because of his struggles yesterday. I wish they would have addressed it this offseason and really want it for next year. We are all aware that we are watching Darnold through the entire season dude. 

Edited by NorthTryon
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

This right here is why I get on your case.

A good plug until we find someone better?   Like...f'n really?? 

Name me a QB out there in the near future that the Panthers will go sign. 

The thing about Sam Darnold is that this guy is essentially a "rookie"(since he's finally getting actual coaching this year) and is excelling eons from where he was.  

He is so much more than "a good plug". 

Teddy Asswater was a "good plug". 

LoL. I hate the rookie excuse. He isn’t a rookie. His numbers are basically identical to Teddy Bridgewater this year. 

He has been doing exactly like Teddy did last year. Throwing for a ton of yards, very few TDs and has a high accuracy. 

There will be a better QB eventually whether that is the draft or something else. 
Darnold is not a franchise QB. He is our Alex Smith until we find our Mahomes no matter how long it takes. 

Darnold is a plug until we find someone better. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 6

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

LoL. I hate the rookie excuse. He isn’t a rookie. His numbers are basically identical to Teddy Bridgewater this year. 

He has been doing exactly like Teddy did last year. Throwing for a ton of yards, very few TDs and has a high accuracy. 

There will be a better QB eventually whether that is the draft or something else. 
Darnold is not a franchise QB. He is our Alex Smith until we find our Mahomes no matter how long it takes. 

I don't know what it is, but some QBs get a pass while others don't. People are laughing hysterically because Pittsburgh took a flyer on Haskins, but Darnold in his fourth year is essentially a rookie. And dude is talking about putting people on ignore because we have some doubts. That is what is hysterical to me. 

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Darnold has accounted for as many TDs in 4 games as Teddy did in 8.  In that time Teddy threw 6 INTs and had 2 games throwing over 300 yards.  He averaged 40 yards less in the air than Darnold too.  Darnold is unquestionably an upgrade.

But he still does need to see the field better and make quicker down field reads. That's okay.  This is a very promising start for his career as a Panther. Having things to work on isn't bad.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Me saying that I would like to see something behind Darnold has nothing to do with first sign of adversity. The Seahawks drafted Russell Wilson knowing they had already signed Matt Flynn. That was before one game in their system. You are so used to having loser GMs, that you have a loser mentality and thinking preparedness equals lottery ticket mentality. Your trying to  play it off like we are only saying this because of his struggles yesterday. I wish they would have addressed it this offseason and really want it for next year. We are all aware that we are watching Darnold through the entire season dude. 

You don't exactly sound like you're "well aware" of things here.

And regardless of whether you know Darnold is here for the season, talking about the draft four games into the year, especially when we're 3-1, is true loser mentality.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

8 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Of course the fact that he threw NO Hospital balls to Dan Arnold has no bearing on your narrative.  You're just full of sh*t like Snake.

And you know what?

The great thing about this recent loss is it reveals more dickheads for me to put on my ignore list.

Have fun.

Literally been happening all the way back to TC joint practice with the colts. So U either don’t watch the games or are just playing stupid. Also don’t use the term “take” this isn’t ESPN even tho ur as knowledgeable as those blowhards. U just sound like a douche 

At the end of the day

PJ > S.A.M

Told y'all by week 4 his Tru colors will start to show.

My guess an injury incoming because he's going suck so bad there's the excuses.

Just like the clean protection...miscues on reads...

When pressed he sucks....when coming from behind he sucks...Dallas went prevent at the end...so he boosting stats like a teddy.

Eventually everyone will see it's the system not the qb...but a better QB who can avoid mistakes and pressure is waiting in the wings....

The cowboys slaughter the Eagles, so Darnold should win right...pick 6 incoming...I give it 3 more weeks before QB draft threads pop up...oh btw.... notice every since I got ban.... injuries started piling up....

Crazy right or Karma...

Sincerely,

CP1

• The D 1
  • Poo 4

18 minutes ago, Chinncheck said:

At the end of the day

PJ > S.A.M

When pressed he sucks....when coming from behind he sucks...Dallas went prevent at the end...so he boosting stats like a teddy.

Eventually everyone will see it's the system not the qb...but a better QB who can avoid mistakes and pressure is waiting in the wings....

The cowboys slaughter the Eagles, so Darnold should win right...pick 6 incoming...I give it 3 more weeks before QB draft threads pop up...oh btw.... notice every since I got ban.... injuries started piling up....

Crazy right or Karma...

Sincerely,

CP1

Yep. You're a sad little prick.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

19 minutes ago, Chinncheck said:

At the end of the day

PJ > S.A.M

Crazy right or Karma...

Sincerely,

CP1

And yet….Sammy is the starting QB, over your true love.

78A7E34A-990F-4812-B733-CF145FF5ABFE.jpeg

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Dumbest poo ever posted.. Did you even looked up the stats before posting... With 10 Tds already Sam is already half as many TD's in 4 games as Teddy had in 14.. lol He was 4 for 4 in the redzone this weekend.. Teddy never did that all season...

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

You don't exactly sound like you're "well aware" of things here.

And regardless of whether you know Darnold is here for the season, talking about the draft four games into the year, especially when we're 3-1, is true loser mentality.

And he wonders why I am "talking" about putting people on ignore.

Hey @NorthTryon, I don't "talk", I do.   Like just now :

You've chosen to ignore content by NorthTryon.

f u middle finger GIF by Midland

Edited by glenwo2