• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Aren't Christensen & Brown Playing?

SetfreexX

Fitt is not gonna get a pass if he cant fix this O line. Thing is..We have already had great defenses in the past, Great QB play, great running backs, D line, linebackers, etc. BUT we have ALWAYS had bad O lines that cost us any real success. If he is gonna be better than past GMs he NEEDS TO FIX THE O LINE. Plain and simple. 

• Flames 2
  • Poo 1

46 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I e said before that I think the plan was to sign stopgaps this year and build the OL via the draft.

Still looks that way to me.

Well those stopgaps are going to get Sam killed. 

I think he'd be better off wearing a complete suit of armor whenever he takes the field at this rate.

Brown is a little different situation from BC but the revisionist history about why we drafted Christensen is getting annoying. One of our top needs was tackle. We were thrilled when we got him and we passed on other talent on the board. He should be working his way into the rotation soon that's all there is to it.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, bigdavis said:

Sub package?

And I don't think there's ever been a player in the NFL who's played all 60 minutes, so?

Well, back in the old days there were some two-way players. That hasn't been true for decades though.

Still, you don't have to play a full 60 minutes to get tired. Ask our defenders.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, back in the old days there were some two-way players. That hasn't been true for decades though.

Still, you don't have to play a full 60 minutes to get tired. Ask our defenders.

For sure he couldn't be expected to play every snap on the OL, but the idea of subbing him in on a jumbo GL unit could work, couldn't it?  No pass pro or footwork to worry about there.  Just grunt n go.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

For sure he couldn't be expected to play every snap on the OL, but the idea of subbing him in on a jumbo GL unit could work, couldn't it?  No pass pro or footwork to worry about there.  Just grunt n go.

Like I said, I'm not against it.

Just pointing out what the coaches might be thinking.

44 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Sub package?

And I don't think there's ever been a player in the NFL who's played all 60 minutes, so?

For some reason, coaches tend not to sub out offensive linemen.  And not just our coaches, but most coaches don't.   I have wondered why.  I suppose continuity is part of it, but it does seem that it might be a good idea to bring in fresh players at times.