• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile, over at that other expansion team...

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

Lane also got left on the tarmac at LAX, Sarkisian fired after a drunken, exploitive rant (I was there) at an alumni function. 

Yeah, you're sort of proving my point ha. 

Lane winning at USC = who cares what he's doing in his personal life. 

Lane starts losing at USC = left on tarmac.

If Lane kept up those 10-2 seasons, he wouldn't have been fired. 

Winning will always be king and trump whatever is going on in a coaches personal life. 

• Poo 1

13 minutes ago, DaddyDarnold said:

Yeah, you're sort of proving my point ha. 

Lane winning at USC = who cares what he's doing in his personal life. 

Lane starts losing at USC = left on tarmac.

If Lane kept up those 10-2 seasons, he wouldn't have been fired. 

Winning will always be king and trump whatever is going on in a coaches personal life. 

His personal stuff also got him fired, it was brewing…the losses were just the excuse they needed. Our big donors (FB) are the same donors that donate to academics, with their names on buildings and schools, they were not happy with Lane or Sarks shenanigans.  While football is very important, the money is chump change compared to fundraising and research…millions (FB) vs billions (fundraising), and for the first time in almost 40 years, that has fallen due to alumni/donors angry about all the scandals, refusing to donate more.

In that sense, football will never be king.

Edited by 1usctrojan
  • Poo 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32342897/jacksonville-jaguars-owner-shad-khan-urban-meyer-regain-our-trust-respect-inexcusable-conduct

"Meyer did not fly back to Jacksonville with the team after that game and instead went to Columbus to visit with his grandchildren. Meyer said he and family members went to his restaurant -- Urban Meyer's Pint House -- on Friday night, and people at a nearby event asked to take photos with him. Meyer said he should have left when people tried to get him to dance with them."

Why is grandpa grabbing that woman's behind?

7 minutes ago, outlaw4 said:

I know it won't happen but my dream would be Dan Arnold wanting out of that circus and coming back to us for next to nothing.

I thought Arnold said after the trade he was "happy to be where he was wanted" or some such.

He might be regretting those words now.