• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey Eagle Fans: Memories

MHS831

10 hours ago, pantherdad said:

I remember going to an opening day game against the eagles. We got smoked 33-13 I believe. That started the end of Jakes career. He threw like 3-4 picks. But that was coming off the previous year’s playoff game where Arizona came in and buttf****d us all over the field and went to the Super Bowl and lost to Pittsburgh f I remember correctly. Someone help me with the year….that was my last memory of the Eagles

2009. I just moved to NYC and found an Eagles bar to watch the game. We went up 7-0 with a nice Deangelo run. D-Jax returned a punt to change momentum. The fans there were pretty decent though they definitely showed some mercy on me.

• Pie 1

We played them in back to back years actually. In 2017, their super bowl year, we lost a Thursday night game at home. As others noted, we beat them in 18 up there. 

The 03 game was amazing. We had actually lost to them that year in the regular season. From what I recall, kasay missed multiple kicks in the regular season meeting.

21 hours ago, onmyown said:

Jake totally lost that Cardinal game and that was sad.

But putting a Captain Munnerlyn 1/1 on a prime Larry Fitzgerald was comical…and then continuing to do so after the half (after I had accepted the loss) seriously made laugh until I cried.

Like how kind numbingly stupid can you be.

Of course signing Jake to another big contract right after that season (it was it before?), either way right after TJ surgery that is like 6/6 in destroying athlete’s careers… there are no words for.

This franchise man…

It wasn't comical but it is fictional. Captain Munnerlyn was drafted 4 months after this.

Ken Lucas and Chris Gamble were the two corners in that game

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

It wasn't comical because it's fiction. Captain Munnerlyn was drafted 4 months after that game.

Yep you’re right!

I forgot who it was then, but it was still comical. Fitz broke NFL records all season and Fox continued to man 1/1 him after getting burned for an entire half. That was the point.