• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam old Sam ...

WOW!!

4 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Yes there is. What a ridiculous statement. A lot of QB’s would have performed well enough to win. Sam had multiple open receivers including Robbie but he just can’t hit them in stride. Or he overlooks them and throws into double coverage instead. Sam has all the ability but doesn’t have the brain or eyes unfortunately 

Nah. 

40 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think since we are having Jets-like OL play, we are seeing Jets-like Sam Darnold.

His ceiling is probably lower than we want but it's hard to get super upset at him when we knew he was a streaky player and didn't play well under pressure but we assembled a bottom 5 OL unit in front of him.

^^^This.  Tom Brady would look like garbage behind this OL.

I actually don't even give a poo until we have an OL. That impacts the running game too which helps everything. If he or whoever else sucks when we have an OL too then fine. Some of those throws were poo obviously and I'd be throwing poo if my OL was this garbage too.

Watson will be traded at some point. We need to be in on the trade. We're not winning a SB with Darnold. He has looked good sometimes mostly because of CMC. Without CMC he mostly looks like Jets Darnold, and we can't rely on CMC to stay healthy.

We need a better QB. It sucks to say that and I wanted him to be the guy. Now we have enough evidence, and he's not that guy.

Look I realize it’s a hard loss, but again we won’t know what we have untill around week 9, all our first year players are still adjusting to the system and without that you can’t honestly evaluate them, Sam included. I will say it’s kinda rough to watch this board sometimes with its wild swings, and it’s tendency to generate two clicks of people who just snipe at each other, and take antagonist positions on every issue. That all said I still feel good about where we are headed 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

There is something wrong with Darnold clearly. Now I can see it. I see why the Jets didn't want him anymore. I'll tell you one thing for now. Sam will start his progression and look at his first read, and sometimes his first read will be open, or even wide open, and he will skip that receiver and continue with his progression for no good reason. He does that regularly so much that I've noticed it.

Edited by pantherj