• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regardless of the end, I’m proud of sam

TN05

5 minutes ago, stirs said:

How did the defense do today?

Already covered that in the gameday thread unacceptable given the resources we have put into that side of the ball even including an entire draft last year and back to back first round picks. Still doesn't change the fact the offense could have and should have played better in the first three quarters.

Agreed that Sam didn't get any help today, but he also didn't help this team win. Fist play was a pick and his fumble too. He has consistently turned the ball over at USC and Jets. This is who he is. With the 3 losses, Sam has shown that he is an above average QB, but he can't carry the team ala Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady. You know what those QBs have in common? They have all won Superbowls. Defense don't win championships anymore, superstar QBs do and I don't think Sam will be that guy. 

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I agree with this.  I can't decide who stunk the most to be honest. That includes Brady's horrible play calling.  Does he even study his opponents?

It was like there was a suck contest...Darnold started off with the early lead with that pick. Then the oline and receivers caught right up. Then the coaching staff and the d got in on the action.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3

18 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

What kind of future at QB are you expecting them to find mid season?  I'm done with retreads personally...

We moved on from Teddy and if Sam doesn't improve I think we will from him as well. 

Of course not midseason. We have no options right now. I’m talking about college qbs and franchise qbs that are possibly disgruntled and looking for a trade after this season is over. 

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I don't think he's the answer for us but if he can take that 4th quarter and play with that confidence and urgency all game, he could prove me wrong.

Certainly led a comeback drive unlike what Bridgewater did last year!  

• Pie 3

23 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Agreed that Sam didn't get any help today, but he also didn't help this team win. Fist play was a pick and his fumble too. He has consistently turned the ball over at USC and Jets. This is who he is. With the 3 losses, Sam has shown that he is an above average QB, but he can't carry the team ala Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady. You know what those QBs have in common? They have all won Superbowls. Defense don't win championships anymore, superstar QBs do and I don't think Sam will be that guy. 

So far I would say that Sam on his best day, with a lot of help is above average. Above average shouldn’t cost us any games like he has the past couple weeks… Unless he turns it around fast, I don’t think he is the answer.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Worse case scenario rhule and co use that last drive to excuse absolutely terrible play and think he’s the answer. We need to be actively looking for the future at qb and upgrade the oline as best we can.

They're not going to base that decision off one drive. We've still got 11 games to go and I would think we'll have an answer by then.