• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That's The Season

Proudiddy

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I don't disagree. I've just never been on another forum before where the "fans" jump off the ship so quickly and start these soap opera threads halfway through a game calling this the worst offense in Panthers history, and that all their hope has died lol, see ya next season, etc. But they will be here in a week once they get out of their feelings trying to convince people here that we should believe and trust their opinion on how we get the ship righted after showing all of us how unstable they are lol. 

Nah in all seriousness you are right. This fan base has quite the flare for the dramatic. They’ll get over it in a few days and it’ll be a redux next Sunday. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

..i'm trying to remain calm.... but we have the personnel to have beaten the viks and the iggles...our leadership is sht with what we put on the field....and our oline is a big  hinderance but not the only problem... plenty of blame to go around....mean while we're losing games we should be winning.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

I don't disagree. I've just never been on another forum before where the "fans" jump off the ship so quickly and start these soap opera threads halfway through a game calling this the worst offense in Panthers history, and that all their hope has died lol, see ya next season, etc. But they will be here in a week once they get out of their feelings trying to convince people here that we should believe and trust their opinion on how we get the ship righted after showing all of us how unstable they are lol. 

This team sucks my mans

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

You could see it on the defensive players' faces.  They are defeated...  6 weeks into the season and that dysfunctional ass offense finally broke the defense's back.  

Couple points: you're suggesting the defense watched the offense lead a game tying 96 yard drive to force overtime and were so demoralized, they let the Vikings march down the field? I mean dear god, it's one thing to be upset by the offense's poor play for the majority of the game, but if you can't regain your intensity after that drive, just quit professional football. Also adding Stephon Gilmore and getting back your defensive captain (Shaq) both within the next couple weeks might change some attitudes quick.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

11 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

We have to get rid of Brady

I would put the 3 interior linemen on the 1st guys out the door. Then Robbie, and finally Brady.

Yeah Brady is really suspect, but lord almighty, Judas ole blocking from those 3 makes anything you try look terrible.

5 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Season is not over!!!! And wont be for me until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 

They didn't look defeated, they looked tired. You don't throw in the towel in 6 games into the season with a .500 record. 3-3 is vastly different from 0-6 or 1-5. 

What's wrong with some of you people???? Lol

We DO have to improve in alot of areas but anything is possible in the NFL.

You take the good with the bad and keep pushing. 

Immature / delusional fan base with little real football perspective.

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, rico6 said:

This team sucks my mans

I think we are what we thought we would be in the offseason. We are the youngest team in the NFL with a project QB who lost its best player, one of the best in the NFL, for a few weeks... Anybody who was thinking we were going to run the table or win 12-13 games was just being optimistic after a "hot" start. We are a team in year 2 of a rebuild. If we get a couple breaks we are a 9 win team. If we play like an inexperienced young team then we are going to be a 6 win team. 

The turnaround from bad to consistently good was not going to happen overnight. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Varking said:

And tell me where I've been wrong on these notably "dramatic" predictions and proclamations.  The things the "soft, dramatic" fans have been bemoaning about for years are the same issues that keep costing us games, yet we/they don't know what they're talking about? 

I haven't been, and if I was, I would admit it.  The team is trending downward, so is the coaching staff, and Darnold has been bad.  That's where we are.  I don't see a sudden shift in the right direction.  The offense is outright dysfunctional and the defense has been either figured out or broken.

But no worries, we should just be grateful that the NFL gave us a cute little team to call our own down here.  It's a fun social event where we can barely show up, sit in our seats and get bullied by opposing fans when we do show up, and then just dismissively state "it's a rebuilding year" or "there's always next year" when we lose, so we don't have to acknowledge that expecting to win every year is an acceptable expectation.

9 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Nah in all seriousness you are right. This fan base has quite the flare for the dramatic. They’ll get over it in a few days and it’ll be a redux next Sunday. 

It’s not drama. This fanbase is just used to the team being disappointing. We haven’t won a close game in like 4 years 

Edited by hepcat

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Ok guys, 600 total yards and 34 points including 2 missed FG and 2 missed 2 pointers and somehow the offense is what caused the D to fail? The D has had failures 3 straight games. Dallas and Minnesota move the ball at will and both got 30+ points. The Eagles are a meh offense and we held them until we didn’t.

We got 0 sacks today. 0, nada, zilch, donut on 50 pass plays including Cousin’s runs. The D didn’t wilt due to the O. We’ve given up 534 yards rushing and 5 rushing TDs the last 3 weeks after that “historically” great rushing D video. fug that idiot.

I’m not saying the offense isn’t a problem but we’ve scored 28 points two times in the last 3 games and lost both so the D is hardly playing good.

The defense is stumbling badly, but we literally started the game with a pick putting them either in the RZ or right outside of it.  The offense can't sustain drives and haven't been for the last 3 weeks and every second half outside of Houston before that.  The defense can't play to our strengths when the opposing offense has control of the game.  Period.