Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

How in the hell did Taylor get 10 solo tackles?


top dawg
 Share

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Yeah but he really did impress me on Sunday. Made some great pass breakups and played tight coverage all game.

 

20 minutes ago, Mage said:

He did as good of a job as any CB can reasonably be expected to do on Justin Jefferson.

 

32 minutes ago, rayzor said:

this. he was picked on all day and did incredibly well considering. it won't take long before QBs are throwing somewhere else. once we get Gilmore in and Horn back, it could get ugly for QBs we face.

 

 

37 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

Yep, the Vikings went into the game with him as a target. He played very well with all things considered.

Yea he was on the WR most of the time and they made some sick catches. It shows that he can tackle which isn't being a dick its for real at least he can tackle. I can't remember him getting dusted the real issue for the defense was no pressure on the QB and long term run defense.

Run defense was great at first then fell off as they got pounded but the pass rush was not there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Seriously. What did I miss between this past Sunday and all the games before that? Were we just not playing this kid? We obviously need to keep him out there!

That’s not a good thing. Theilan was having a field day with Taylor. Remember Richard Marshall? I used to play Marshall on fantasy every week because of just that. I do like Taylor more than Troy Pride. 

Edited by Squid Game
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

That’s not a good thing. Theilan was having a field day with Taylor. Remember Richard Marshall? I used to play Marshall on fantasy every week because of just that. I do like Taylor more than Troy Pride. 

I think you are definitely looking at him overly negatively.  Two of the catches he gave up off the top of my head he was in perfect position for and made a play to swat at the ball and the receivers just made a great play.  Also the infamous PFF (I know I know) had him rated as the third highest graded player on the defense.  Does that mean anything?  I think it at least means he played decent.  Especially for a 5th round rookie.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I think you are definitely looking at him overly negatively.  Two of the catches he gave up off the top of my head he was in perfect position for and made a play to swat at the ball and the receivers just made a great play.  Also the infamous PFF (I know I know) had him rated as the third highest graded player on the defense.  Does that mean anything?  I think it at least means he played decent.  Especially for a 5th round rookie.

I like the kid. I wasn’t bashing him. I’m in your side. Just saying you don’t ever want a corner that have 10 tackles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Squid Game said:

That’s not a good thing. Theilan was having a field day with Taylor. Remember Richard Marshall? I used to play Marshall on fantasy every week because of just that. I do like Taylor more than Troy Pride. 

I mean, it's Adam Thielen.  One of the best WRs in the game when it comes to securing the ball in tight coverage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Squid Game said:

I like the kid. I wasn’t bashing him. I’m in your side. Just saying you don’t ever want a corner that have 10 tackles. 

You don't want that in a vet. For a rookie that the QB keeps testing it's ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

As they should. It was a good strategy not uncommon, but Taylor showed he should be respected and is only gonna get better. 

Giving up catches is going to happen it's how the coverage is and the YAC given up or not and he was still on the WRs even if they caught it. Same with Horn who gave up a TD vs the Jets but was still good coverage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...