• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport believes Watson will be traded before the deadline

t96

Riddle me this, unless Fitts can low-ball the heck out of Houston, where are we going to have the draft picks to fix the OL?  What, you think we get Watson AND get to keep our top draft picks???  Delusional doesn't even to begin to describe some of you.  These same fans probably think onions only have 1 layer.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Riddle me this, unless Fitts can low-ball the heck out of Houston, where are we going to have the draft picks to fix the OL?  What, you think we get Watson AND get to keep our top draft picks???  Delusional doesn't even to begin to describe some of you.  These same fans probably think onions only have 1 layer.

We would still have a lot of money if we cut/trade Darnold correct?

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Rolling Stone as a legit news source, lol.  The entire article was slanted to sex-worker's rights.  Hell, Kraft was almost lost in the entire piece.  Did it say weather these women were forced into this or not as part of a larger sex-trafficking sting? Nope, just that pro sex-workers say some immigrant women choose to do this work as a broad generalizing statement. When faced with starvation and finding a roof to sleep under, I guess prostitution isn't a hard choice for some of them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/12/03/robert-kraft-prostitution-sting/

"Orchids of Asia was one of 10 businesses targeted in Florida by prosecutors and various law enforcement agencies, an effort they initially claimed was made to find victims of human trafficking. But after Kraft was arrested and the investigation was thrust into the national spotlight, that claim fell apart. Aronberg would tell a judge in Kraft’s case that investigators had found no evidence of human trafficking."

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

The NFLPA is pretty dumb playing under such vague poo like that. Most players are just thinking to themselves they won't have to deal with it and most of them don't. It's still too much power under too vague of terms.

That's what I mean though where did Ian pull that poo from about a felony and all that...

Remember, the players still get paid on the exempt list. So there is no reason to exempt them unless it’s detrimental to the NFL’s pocket and a arbitrator will never uphold a suspension for no cause. That’s the rub. Yes it’s broad but the players don’t take any penalty they wouldn’t have already.

He’s talking for the NFL but mostly for media hype. There is no such rule. There is precedent in the Adrian Peterson case, they waited until he was indicted. But the moment he was they whisked away to the exempt list. If Watson is indicted by the grand jury with felony charges and they don’t follow their precedent here, that’s going to be a very bad double standard for the NFL.

And worse for the team that traded for him, because they’ll be on the hook for the entire exempt list payments while things are ongoing, in this case Watson could end up with substantial jail time. So in our case we’d end up footing the bill while he’s on the exempt list, if he’s convicted he’ll get suspended so we’ll get that money back but if it’s a serious conviction we’ll have to cut him anyways. So basically we’ll be out all those draft picks and players for maybe a few games played overall?

It’s better just to let this work itself out, if he’s indicted and convicted welp bullet dodged for no cost. If he’s indicted and exonerated, he’ll have been on the exempt list, perhaps even forced to be cut by the Texans anyways and will be a free pickup to wherever he wants to go.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

No his 5th year option is fully guaranteed for next year. $18 million dollar backup 

So basically 60 million in quarterbacks cap unless Darnold is part of the trade any way you look at it plus PJ’s nominal fee cause you know Rhule ain’t cutting him. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Jared Patterson said:

We would still have a lot of money if we cut/trade Darnold correct?

Nope, we have already spent a wad this year that wasn't necessary.  We would be mid-pack next year cap-wise, but cap rich teams could give bigger deals to any top O-linemen in FA.  If we were contenders we could maybe lure guys here on slightly cheaper deals, but with this train wreck, we are going to have to be top bidders to sign any top FA O-linemen.  Again, trading for Watson would screw up our drafts for the next 3-to-4 years. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

So basically 60 million in quarterbacks cap unless Darnold is part of the trade any way you look at it plus PJ’s nominal fee cause you know Rhule ain’t cutting him. 

Yup and if I'm the Texans I'd happily keep Tyrod for another $5 mill next year. I can't imagine a scenario where anyone would want Darnold on a one year $18 million deal 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

No his 5th year option is fully guaranteed for next year. $18 million dollar backup 

I believe if we trade him the new team is responsible for that cap hit. With how he's played though, may have to attach a mid rounder just to get another team to take him on for a year.