• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday's presser: Double down on Foxball

trueblade

21 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I agree its time for re-evaluation of a lot of positions.  PJ is not even a good backup and everyone knows it but Rhule. 

It was always Sam's job and if he could not get it done there was no plan B. Rhule couldn't imagine being wrong about fixing Sam and was so sure that he didn't even try to have a backup plan.  We see how that worked out. 

I seriously doubt we can learn anything new about this cast of misfits that we haven't already seen.

well, if Rhule starts PJ.... then it actually has the question answered.  If he sucks super bad? Well, it will be out there for everyone to see.  Then he can't be the backup in year 3. 

but Rhule can play the same card everyone else in the PJ camp does with PJ if he doesn't start him.  Well, when they did start him, the Panthers found a way to win.  That's his job.  His job isn't superman duty when getting your tails kicked. 

50 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Basically giving up on a shitty player isn't coddling.

What evidence is there to suggest that he’s given up on Darnold? He’s already stated that Darnold is still the QB moving forward. Being benched in the 4th quarter doesn’t mean he’s given up on Darnold either. Heck, even Cam’s been benched a couple times in the 4th quarter (and even the first play of a game). 

If he has given up on Darnold I have yet to see it. Until then, yes, he is coddling Darnold by all the things he’s suggested through the media. 

6 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Coach Ruhle added

”when I figure out how to do this I will let you know” 

This is the most honest thing he has said..

At this point he can't depend on anything on offense..

How you can run a offense where the Oline can't be trusted to blocked for a 5 to 7 step drop back.. They can't run block consistently.. Your star offensive player can't stay healthy.. Then your strength (wr Corp) can't catch the ball.. Finally Your QB isnt accurate and can't read defenses...

What else can he say..

Edited by WOW!!

We really should have tried to pry Gardner Minshew from the Jags in the offseason to back up Darnold. He's currently the 3rd string QB for the Eagles behind Hurts and Flacco. We don't even have a 3rd string QB on our roster. It's not saying much, but I think Garder is better than either of our guys. I think we'd be above. 500 with him. You guys think it's too late to try to trade for him?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MinsGa00.htm

Check out his stats and pay attention to the INTS (or lack of them) while playing for a terrible franchise the past two seasons.

Edited by SCO96

1 hour ago, Manna said:

Sounds like he wants to coddle Darnold some more. 

It isn't coddling. They all know and have known he isn't the guy but they made their bed and they get to lie in it.

It isn't just bad that they chose a QB completely incapable of being successful in the NFL, they also chose a backup QB who is as bad or worse.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Manna said:

What evidence is there to suggest that he’s given up on Darnold? He’s already stated that Darnold is still the QB moving forward. Being benched in the 4th quarter doesn’t mean he’s given up on Darnold either. Heck, even Cam’s been benched a couple times in the 4th quarter (and even the first play of a game). 

If he has given up on Darnold I have yet to see it. Until then, yes, he is coddling Darnold by all the things he’s suggested through the media. 

Well what do you expect him to do? Start PJ? That isn't better.

He doesn't have any options on the roster. Until those other options present themselves(Watson or trade or FA signing) these are the two turds we have. That's it.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, if Rhule starts PJ.... then it actually has the question answered.  If he sucks super bad? Well, it will be out there for everyone to see.  Then he can't be the backup in year 3. 

but Rhule can play the same card everyone lese does with PJ if he doesn't start him.  Well, when they did start him.  The Panthers found a way to win.  That's his job.  His job isn't superman duty when getting your tails kicked. 

He will not fair any better than Sam. If he runs around everywhere then Sam can do that.  The issue goes much deeper than one shitty qb. The offense is not set up to help the qb at all, at least what we have seen of it so far.  Why the hell do they abandon the run when it working?!

I don't have an answer for what we are seeing to be honest. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

It isn't coddling. They all know and have known he isn't the guy but they made their bed and they get to lie in it.

It isn't just bad that they chose a QB completely incapable of being successful in the NFL, they also chose a backup QB who is as bad or worse.

Basic definitions lol. These people clearly never actually ran into someone who was.

Coddled people don't get benched or have anything bad said about them at all. Saw that poo in HS it's always someone elses fault etc. He clearly brought up Darnolds mechanics and timing and decisions. Its even funnier when its obvious who ain't even watch it.

The most interesting part was about the play-calling...read between the lines there but yet no ones interested they are easily and happily manipulated by some quote above a static picture. Rhule isn't all in on either of those two that was clear.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He will not fair any better than Sam. If he runs around everywhere then Sam can do that.  The issue goes much deeper than one shitty qb. The offense is not set up to help the qb at all, at least what we have seen of it so far.  Why the hell do they abandon the run when it working?!

I don't have an answer for what we are seeing to be honest. 

but my arguement isn't about being better than Sam.  If the season is lost, let's go ahead and prevent Rhule from bringing back more mistakes. 

If Rhule starts PJ and he is as bad as you say? Well, it prevents from bringing him back his Temple guy as backup for a 3rd straight season.  Why not clear out as much pointless weight in a pointless season as possible? 

if we never start PJ,  Rhule has the argument that PJ did his job the one time when called upon to actually do it.  The Lions game.   Why not take it away from him.