• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hero to Zero

NAS

Just now, NAS said:

Has any Coach/QB combo gone from Hero to Zero in a shorter timeframe than Rhule and Darnold?

I can get over Darnold sucking, but I am most disappointed with Rhule.  I really thought he was going to be good. 

I knew Darnold was bad. Been saying it all year when he was barely competent against poo teams. 

But damn, man... Rhule's coaching gets worse with each game. 3 Points? Against the Giants? Whew... 

It is possibly the most embarrassing loss in the history of this franchise. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I had low expectations for Sam but I thought Rhule/Brady would be a good enough coach to get the most out of him. Some of the game management decisions have really made me question whether or not Rhule is the coach of the future.

Im seeing a lot of pre Riverboat Ron tendencies in him. Add the fact that he thought it would be ok to go into the season with this oline and this starting QB makes me question if he's in over his head. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Kuhndog94 said:

I knew Darnold was bad. Been saying it all year when he was barely competent against poo teams. 

But damn, man... Rhule's coaching gets worse with each game. 3 Points? Against the Giants? Whew... 

Definitely the worst loss of the Rhule era.  Total embarrassment.  He's trending in the wrong direction and may have lost the locker room.  

Rhule had the Panthers looking great to start the season.  So much promise and hope, and then....  Panthers got exposed by good teams and now its gotten so bad, they're losing to bad teams.  What a fraudulent start to the season!!!  I guess Rhule isn't the answer. 

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I think he is starting to lose the team. When that happens that seat gets real hot. 

We haven't seen definitive signs of that yet, IMO. I see a lot of frustration on the offensive players faces.

If the defense starts laying down, that will be a sign that things are over. We have seen players lay down on coaches more than one time in our franchise history. It has never happened and the coach NOT get fired.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Ive been trying to think of worse losses. Yes we have gotten beat way worse before on the scoreboard. The losses that come to mind are the Pittsburgh and SF beatdowns in back to back seasons. And the 41-0 loss to the falcons in 02. The Cam “wardrobe game” against Seattle.

But all of those teams had playoff caliber rosters and were good teams objectively. I’m struggling to remember a blowout loss of this magnitude to a team as bad as the giants. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We haven't seen definitive signs of that yet, IMO. I see a lot of frustration on the offensive players faces.

If the defense starts laying down, that will be a sign that things are over. We have seen players lay down on coaches more than one time in our franchise history. It has never happened and the coach NOT get fired.

I’m thinking of DJ and Robby’s faces on the sideline. They have to be thinking “this guy was sold on Teddy and now Darnold….” It’s probably more frustration that anything, but that’s how it starts. IMO DJ should be a top 10 WR in this league. Get him a real QB and his stats will explode.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, BIGH2001 said:

Ive been trying to think of worse losses. Yes we have gotten beat way worse before on the scoreboard. The losses that come to mind are the Pittsburgh and SF beatdowns in back to back seasons. And the 41-0 loss to the falcons in 02. The Cam “wardrobe game” against Seattle.

But all of those teams had playoff caliber rosters and were good teams objectively. I’m struggling to remember a blowout loss of this magnitude to a team as bad as the giants. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201310060crd.htm

The loss to the Cardinals following the bye had everyone FREAKING out.  Maybe the score differential wasn't as bad in other games, but I'd argue that loss is definitely one of the worst regular season ones we had.  Everyone had basically given up on Ron Rivera at that point.  Cam's 3rd season and he still hadn't cut out the bad throws.  Smith dropped hella throws that game.

It was bad.  As angry as fans have been since Sunday... I still don't think it compares to the reaction/negativity following that game.  That game basically forced Ron Rivera to turn into Riverboat Ron.

• Pie 2

Just now, Mage said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201310060crd.htm

The loss to the Cardinals following the bye had everyone FREAKING out.  Maybe the score differential wasn't as bad in other games, but I'd argue that loss is definitely one of the worst regular season ones we had.  Everyone had basically given up on Ron Rivera at that point.  Cam's 3rd season and he still hadn't cut out the bad throws.  Smith dropped hella throws that game.

It was bad.  As angry as fans have been since Sunday... I still don't think it compares to the reaction/negativity following that game.  That game basically forced Ron Rivera to turn into Riverboat Ron.

We also lost to a bad Bills team with EJ Manuel in Week 2 lol

• Pie 1