• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

do we think the watson trade is announced today (10/26)

DJ feed me moore

yes or no  

127 members have voted

1. 1. watson trade today

• yes he is traded to the panthers/dolphins today
    • no he is not traded today

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

IMO, as long as Hou is doing the job for them, the NFL isn’t to say a word on Watson. 

they certainly aren’t  going to promise a team they will or won’t do something once Hou puts it in their lap.   Variables that don’t exist now will start to form. 

I think that the NFL itself is in bed with the owners and would certainly let them know what their plans are assuming nothing changes in the status quo.

19 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Did you not write: 

While he is far and away the most successful owner in Charlotte pro-sports history...

...George Shinn is the most reviled by a long-shot.

What you wrote had zero to do with wins and losses. Your first sentence was pure hero worship for Tepper with nothing to back it up except the man's financial worth.

Jordan's Hornets has also been trending up the last three years whereas Tepper's Panthers are trending down.

Both parts of that statement only address George Shinn.

Got it?

Way too early to assess Tepper's ownership...

Jordan has a 15-year track record of complete ineptitude.  That said, what Mitch Kupchak is doing with one hand tied behind his back is somewhat impressive.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Both parts of that statement only address George Shinn.

Got it?

Way too early to assess Tepper's ownership...

Jordan has a 15-year track record of complete ineptitude.  That said, what Mitch Kupchak is doing with one hand tied behind his back is somewhat impressive.

Alright. I apologize. I did misread what you had written.

49 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Clemson trash this season. Just the beginning. 

Clemson set the noise record in all of football (at the time) in 2007 when Tommy Bowden was the HC and Cullen Harper was our QB.

We have a dedicated alumni base, many of whom want to like the Panthers, but are frustrated by the fact in 26 years the Panthers haven't spent 1 draft choice on a Clemson player.

Now... I don't feel that since Clemson is in SC, that should mean the Panthers should draft all of their players... But the issue is we should not be missing on diamonds in the rough anywhere.

Grady Jarrett was drafted by the Falcons with a late round pick in the 2015 NFL draft, he is now a top DT, the next year we wasted a 1st rd draft choice on Vernon Butler. 

In that same timeframe, we let Bersin even touch the field as an NFL pro, and drafted multiple players from other local colleges.

The reason most Clemson fans have no interest in the Panthers is because of how dedicated to the school the alumni are, they have no interest in supporting an organization that drafts 10 players from our rival school for every 2 players they invite to training camp from Clemson.

1 minute ago, Chiefzack said:

Clemson set the noise record in all of football (at the time) in 2007 when Tommy Bowden was the HC and Cullen Harper was our QB.

We have a dedicated alumni base, many of whom want to like the Panthers, but are frustrated by the fact in 26 years the Panthers haven't spent 1 draft choice on a Clemson player.

Now... I don't feel that since Clemson is in SC, that should mean the Panthers should draft all of their players... But the issue is we should not be missing on diamonds in the rough anywhere.

Grady Jarrett was drafted by the Falcons with a late round pick in the 2015 NFL draft, he is now a top DT, the next year we wasted a 1st rd draft choice on Vernon Butler. 

In that same timeframe, we let Bersin even touch the field as an NFL pro, and drafted multiple players from other local colleges.

The reason most Clemson fans have no interest in the Panthers is because of how dedicated to the school the alumni are, they have no interest in supporting an organization that drafts 10 players from our rival school for every 2 players they invite to training camp from Clemson.

I very much get that. TBH it's a little curious how the Panthers have seemingly avoided Clemson players. But I'm not so sure that he is held in such high regards as he once was after all of this. 

6 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

I very much get that. TBH it's a little curious how the Panthers have seemingly avoided Clemson players. But I'm not so sure that he is held in such high regards as he once was after all of this. 

Jerry Richardson went to Wofford, but is a coot.

Tepper isn't anti-Clemson, just admittedly no good opportunity to pick up a player from there. If I'm not mistaken, in Tepper's short period of ownership, he's had more Clemson players then Richardson's entire span of ownership. 

I'm not 100% convinced if Richardson owned the team and had #1 overall, he wouldn't make the GM trade down for Wilson and not take TL.

If I remember correctly, he asked South Carolina and one other college to use their stadium in 1995, but only Clemson said yes.

I personally believe Watson was solicitating sex (Still a crime) through sex workers posing as masseuses, but accidently hired a real masseuse. He apologized, but when it became public 3-4 were suing, the sex solicitors decided to try to cash in.

Why do you think literally half of them dropped their case when they found out they would have to release their name?

My counter argument to the 22 woman can't be wrong, "so you're telling me Watson sexually assaulted 22 woman and NOT ONE alerted the authorities?" Hell, Watson's lawyer released proof that one of the accusers TEXTED HIM after the date she alleged the assault occurred, asking if he wants to hire her again.

Edited by Chiefzack

2 hours ago, Smittymoose said:

I was high on Burns coming into the season, but I am sort of off of him now. Reddick looks like the better player to me. Burns has elite get-off and thus generates pressure, but he is a bad tackler. He's just okay in the run game and is terribly undisciplined at holding the edge. The Eagles worked him with that Hurts read option late in that game. Not saying he's a bad player, but he's more of a useful piece than a stud franchise cornerstone in my opinion. 

Agreed.