• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joel Klatt heard Rhule may not be staying in the NFL, could be eyeing position at Penn State

NeederNodder

10 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

As a Penn State alum and former player under Joe Paterno, I could see Rhule bolting for that job (if it opened up).  He could always say "it's the only job I would have left the NFL for."   

I'd like to see Rhule recover and succeed here.  But I think he may be in over his head.  He seems more like a rah-rah college guy. 

Franklin is gone. USC apparently has a hard on for him and USC is a better job than PSU in every single way.

Ruhle heading back to Penn State is a fantastic “out” for everyone involved and I’m sure PSU has the money to get him. 

Also, my wife was at the Penn State game when Joe Paterno shat his pants and had to run across the field right at halftime. 

• Poo 4

4 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Lol we have established ourselves as a poverty franchise. What a ducking embarrassment if Rhule is the one that leaves with the largest contract in NFL coaching history. 

It's not the Panthers fault if Rhule can't handle his own mess and leaves prematurely. Tepper didn't tell him to spend an entire draft on Defense, hoard CBs, sign Teddy and Darnold, etc. Intelligent candidates for HC will not hold the Panthers to blame for Rhule's bullshit.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Because Brady basically runs the offense and calls the plays. The OC is just their to make sure everyone else fits his system. 

Precisely, which is why I'm not 100 percent sold on Leftwich as a HC.  I think we need a guy who knows how to build a proven NFL system on all sides of the ball.

4 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Precisely, which is why I'm not 100 percent sold on Leftwich as a HC.  I think we need a guy who knows how to build a proven NFL system on all sides of the ball.

I want Tomlin if Pittsburgh decides to move on. Tepper already has that connect, as his time as a minority owner. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I want Tomlin if Pittsburgh decides to move on. Tepper already has that connect, as his time as a minority owner. 

Tepper was apparently one of the few who actually wanted Tomlin gone at one point sooooo

• Pie 1