• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhules Contract.

TLGPanthersFan

14 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Rhule might well be able to coach, but we'll never know without an NFL-caliber OL and QB.

IMO, Rhule's biggest weakness has been in his approach to free agency, since we know he has final say over Fit and likely over Hurney last year too.

I'm not a fan of the college route, but I would have more faith rolling the dice on a Dabo type.  And by that, it's just about looking at how he has seen his success.  Dabo at least understands one thing, his success has always been tied to and has been QB centric.  QB play is the puzzle solver for problems.  A lot of college football, especially lower conference play...isn't about that.  

Rhule might can build an overall decent football team.  But he never put the type team together in college that is almost required to win in the pros. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

IMO, Rhule's biggest weakness has been in his approach to free agency, since we know he has final say over Fit and likely over Hurney last year too.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. Rhule's biggest mistake is believing he is smart and experienced enough to handle final say when he's never been an NFL HC.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I didn’t really pay attention to the Rhules contract details after he was hired, but now I am curious about how much of Rhules contract is guaranteed so I looked it up. 
Wow, the entire 60 million, up to 70 million, is guaranteed. 
How stupid can you be to give a college coach so much guaranteed money? 
So unless Tepper buys out his contract or, I guess, Rhule leaves on his own. We are stuck with him no matter what happens. SMH. Hope the guy improves then. 

Stupid? It's not your money, and it doesn't count against the cap

1 hour ago, Rags said:

Remember when we hired this guy and we said "yeah give him 3 years at least." But then we start acting like this.

Yeah I remember.

Im still there holding firm. Youre the rare level-headed poster, this is 2021 huddle& attention shock interwebz posting...... It is a rough go after 4 str Ls.....old John Fox had a great quote about "youre only two weeks away form disaster, thats the nfl."

My main beefs are- Rhule and crew rookies' season feels like this year and the QB miss-steps.... I think the 2020 panthers would handly hand it to this current 2021 team. The 2021 group has far more talent across the 53 and Brady&Snow have no longer never called a NFL game. Unless things get MUCH MUCH worse, I'll still willing to go 3 years.....plus herniay was here for one.... Fitt and Dan Morgan have to better, right??? right?

1 hour ago, Rags said:

Remember when we hired this guy and we said "yeah give him 3 years at least." But then we start acting like this.

Yeah I remember.

I don't think he is or necessarily should go anywhere just yet unless the team gives up the rest of the season. But the mess we sit in is all of his own creation. There are also things about Rhule that really do not help him in the sense of building for something bigger in the future. One of the first things he did here was get into a public spat with the only former mvp in franchise history and then sent him packing so he could get his own guy in here. Well he's gotten the guy he's wanted twice now and both have resulted in catastrophe. I think most fans can take the losing if we are competitive and our qb is decent enough. But this skid and only mustering 3 points against one of the worst teams in the league with all the investments we have made in the roster is not part of a rebuild that's just ugly and historically bad football. Even if we want to place some blame on Joe Brady for being in over his head how much can we really blame him? He didn't hire himself. Rhule is going to have to realize he needs some nfl experience on this staff if he wants to make it for the long haul.

• Pie 1