• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule Shuts Down College Rumors

CarolinaLivin

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Uh in case you missed it last week, Ruhle’s team got curb stomped by one of the worst teams in the league playing their backups and was out coached by some idiot meathead who will probably be fired and lost to one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL. When do you anticipate the players giving up?

I don't.  When do you anticipate the players giving up?  To me it's obvious when it happens.  Witness, Ron Rivera's last year.

If you wish to wallow in misery because we lost badly, feel free.  As I said, I anticipate we'll bounce back.  I don't yet have evidence that the players have given up.  We fought in every game last year save for a couple.  I expect to see us fight this week. 

If we start to get repeatedly blown out without signs of a fight, that's a different story.  But it's a story not yet written.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

I swear, this place is filled with the most miserable people I’ve ever seen. Rhule has been successful everywhere he’s ever been. He will be successful here too unless you crazies get your way. 

Most of them are pimple-popping kids that have no clue how things work in real life.  They stare at images of beautiful women day-dreaming about their lives together.... (oh.... and about the Panthers winning a SB)

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I don't.  When do you anticipate the players giving up?  To me it's obvious when it happens.  Witness, Ron Rivera's last year.

If you wish to wallow in misery because we lost badly, feel free.  As I said, I anticipate we'll bounce back.  I don't yet have evidence that the players have given up.  We fought in every game last year save for a couple.  I expect to see us fight this week. 

If we start to get repeatedly blown out without signs of a fight, that's a different story.  But it's a story not yet written.

We are not even halfway through the season. I am not ready to burn it down just yet.

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

We are not even halfway through the season. I am not ready to burn it down just yet.

The season is over for me but it's crazy how folks lose all sense here.  Can't wait for more reasonableness.  Maybe in the off-season.

3 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

The season is over for me but it's crazy how folks lose all sense here.  Can't wait for more reasonableness.  Maybe in the off-season.

Unfortunately, I don't see an end in sight. It probably  won't get better until maybe the draft. God forbid we have a bad draft. But it will take until we start winning games for this place to get back to...normal.

There is just a small number of us Cockeyed Optimist left. lol By the end of the year, we may  be on the endangered species list.

I’m not as concerned about Rhule as I am Brady and our QB situation. Brady is clearly not ready and Burrow, Chase, Jefferson, and Marshall made him look better than he is. Rhule needs to hire a seasoned OC and let him have a big input on their next QB because he isn’t good at evaluating them.

• Beer 1