• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Concussed, Patriots Game Next Week, Sign Cam,

Kryptick

1 hour ago, rico6 said:

yes we played a garbage azz team where the starter QB (who didn't do poo, really) is now concussed and we're heading into the actual competitive part of this year's schedule. fug off with this try hard enthusiasm. 

my apologies for not being an unsatisfied whiney bitch after the sports team I watch for entertainment purposes and have no control over beat a sports team that usually embarrasses us.

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, GOAT said:

my apologies for not being an unsatisfied whiney bitch after the sports team I watch for entertainment purposes and have no control over beat a sports team that usually embarrasses us.

What does this post have to do with any of that shitty playoff tripe you quoted me with

Cringy ass homers, man

Edited by rico6

1 hour ago, rico6 said:

What does this post have to do with any of that shitty playoff tripe you quoted me with

Cringy ass homers, man

I said that we won our last game and currently sit 7th in NFC standings. 

not exactly that time to talk about tanking and saying the season is a wash.

I have a feeling you live your life with this sort of quitter mentality though which is unfortunate for you and the people around you.

good luck and go Panthers!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

I get we realistically are unlikely to make the playoffs.

But if we had a coaching staff that legit started tanking at 4-4 with our star offensive player about to return, I would say we need a new coaching staff. Now isn't the time to tank...

Which we might anyway, but yeah.  

Trade for Jimmy G. Not a joke. They get out of the contract and get to put Lance in the full time role without JG lurking. We trade them Darnold and take the JG contract for a year. 

This defense is ready. We need a middle of the road QB who makes the right reads most of the time. His contract is up after 2022 and I’m sure there’s a way to get out of it or move money if necessary. 

Make the deal and go to the playoffs this year…the cap hit is worth the risk. 

Not seeing a whole lot of better options at QB unless we just want to throw in the towel on 2021-2022. 

Man the fans would love it if Cam came back. We could even use him as our backup/trick player like dumb ass Hill on the Saints. He could also be the bridge to our young QB we draft (hopefully). Too many egos, but if we really cared about winning he is the best option available. 

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

Trade for Jimmy G. Not a joke. They get out of the contract and get to put Lance in the full time role without JG lurking. We trade them Darnold and take the JG contract for a year. 

This defense is ready. We need a middle of the road QB who makes the right reads most of the time. His contract is up after 2022 and I’m sure there’s a way to get out of it or move money if necessary. 

Make the deal and go to the playoffs this year…the cap hit is worth the risk. 

Not seeing a whole lot of better options at QB unless we just want to throw in the towel on 2021-2022. 

I don't think you are going to see the 49ers give up Jimmy G when they are still battling for a playoff spot. Not to mention, Lance was a guy that had a bigger learning curve than most of the top QB prospects so it makes a lot of sense for them to bring him along slowly and not throw him into the deep end in year one. 

Jimmy G might get traded but it will probably be in the offseason and not during the season. 

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Man the fans would love it if Cam came back. We could even use him as our backup/trick player like dumb ass Hill on the Saints. He could also be the bridge to our young QB we draft (hopefully). Too many egos, but if we really cared about winning he is the best option available. 

If we signed cam (won’t happen) he would be the best qb on the roster. Using him as a trick player would be ridiculous. Regardless of what anyone says about his shoulder and deep passes nobody on this roster can connect deep so it doesn’t matter. Cam is a smarter qb then anyone on this roster and can go through progressions and make the right reads and throws. And he could be had for cheap.

16 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

If we signed cam (won’t happen) he would be the best qb on the roster. Using him as a trick player would be ridiculous. Regardless of what anyone says about his shoulder and deep passes nobody on this roster can connect deep so it doesn’t matter. Cam is a smarter qb then anyone on this roster and can go through progressions and make the right reads and throws. And he could be had for cheap.

Agreed but it will never happen. This staff can't lose face like that, IMO. They are going to go out on their shields(Darnold/PJ). 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

8-9 will probably get you the 7th seed in the NFC this year. 9-8 will about lock in the 7th or get a 6th.

We have 4. New England, Miami, Atlanta, WFT likely get us in. A win over NO or TB just about lock it in. Buffalo and AZ is gonna be tough

NE, Miami, ATL, WFT and a Taysom The Golden Calf of Bristol led NO team all give us shots at it. 

The question is whether our new look offense can maintain their effectiveness. With a hypothetical PJ and CMC combo on Sunday, we will know pretty quickly. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

I mean down the road. When we have a new QB he can still come in for certain plays and mentor our new guy. I don’t think his shoulder can make it a full season as a starter.