• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Deadline Today @4PM

CarolinaLivin

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Clutch matters in the end.

Down 4 in the Superbowl 90 yards to go and 2 minutes left on the clock there's no Panther QB I'd rather have than prime Jake that includes a hypothetical Baker.

He just has a way to elevate himself. If I remember correctly he was the only guy at the time who's numbers went up when down in the last 2 minutes. 

Well, clutch didn't win a Super Bowl and only went to one. I love Jake but he like most of our elite talents(Cam, Peppers, Luke, TD, Smitty, etc) all came up short. 

He was fun to watch and we always knew that we had a chance with him(same with Cam). That's the thing I miss about having a good QB, the knowledge that they can keep you in it most of the time. 

We haven't had that since that Watt hit on Cam. Damn.

Maybe in 2023.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, clutch didn't win a Super Bowl and only went to one. I love Jake but he like most of our elite talents(Cam, Peppers, Luke, TD, Smitty, etc) all came up short. 

He was fun to watch and we always knew that we had a chance with him(same with Cam). That's the thing I miss about having a good QB, the knowledge that they can keep you in it most of the time. 

We haven't had that since that Watt hit on Cam. Damn.

Maybe in 2023.

Delhomme isn't on the same level as the names you followed his with.

Good player, lived off Smith's dominance mainly, but had a very firm ceiling.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ichigo1057 said:

Damn, Jets traded for a former starting OLineman Laurent Duvernay-Tardif for only TE Dan Brown.

I saw that--I wonder if we called about him and offered Ian Thomas? (Or anyone/anything else). Fit is supposed to be  in on every deal...

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Michael G said:

I saw that--I wonder if we called about him and offered Ian Thomas? (Or anyone/anything else)

I certainly hope we would have called about him. Looking at Dan Brown I don't see anything all that spectacular about it him. Seems like a pretty cheap price for an OLine guy.

53 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

Damn, Jets traded for a former Chiefs starting OLineman Laurent Duvernay-Tardif for only TE Dan Brown.

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-trade-ol-laurent-duvernay-tardif-to-jets-for-te-dan-brown

I don't think the Panthers realize there are other offensive lineman and QB's available in the NFL other than what is on our roster and Deshaun Watson. I wouldn't be surprised if they were after Watson because he might be a versatile QB/OG hybrid.

3 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

A UNC alum?  The audacity of your reference referring to Pete as “cheaty petey” considering all the muck concerning UNC.  After four years of the ncaa anal probe led by Paul Dee, the same Paul Dee that was the AD at Miami during all their scandals, they could not find any evidence to hit PC with a show cause.

know your place, and what area you have no room to talk.

The “muck” that hurt UNC for damn near a decade was exactly what you called it - muck. Complete bullshit and a false narrative driven by terrible journalists. UNC was vindicated by the NCAA. 

Are those national championships won by Pete The Cheat still officially recognized? I know Bush never got his Heisman back