• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Erving's "effort" on the play that got Sam hurt

trueblade

5 hours ago, Jaxel said:

I don't really care who's assignment that is. You are free and see 2 guys that really would be easy blocks, you go for it. Sam might score if Erving even just chips the guy.

And even if Sam doesn't score, he at least doesn't get injured and has the team deep in the redzone set up for a score. 

That was an utter fail by Erving/Paradis/whomever! there.

4 hours ago, ErvingsEffort said:

Had Erving ran up the field to block, not knowing if the play was run or pass,RPOs, oline told to jog up field... he could've been called for illegal man down field which would have neglect Darnold's run...a repeat of downs plus ur QB hurt. Darnold chose not to slide because he felt he was Derrick Henry in a split sec.

I disagree with that viewpoint.

Edited by glenwo2

2 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

You have zero awareness…didn’t FSU just beat UNC?

I will never discuss or comment on the blue blood status of the Tar Heels or any other program that has won HCs in BB, since USC is not a historic program in basketball.  But to comment about the trajectory of our football program is laughable at best.  In 2008 ESPN had a National Board made up of programs in every conference, it was during the The Golden Calf of Bristol era, and all the SEC and the southern programs fans were saying Alabama was a “has been” and would never be relevant again….lol.  We told them, to never discount a CFB Blue Blood from coming back.  

Alabama sure did.  Right after their sanctions, and through the mid 2000s, they couldn’t bring in a 4or 5* recruit if they hit one over the head and dragged them on campus.  Look at them now.  So…if you’re not an Alabama fan, keep USC out of your filthy mouth. Lol.

Yes FSU beat us. What’s your point. Been a disappointing year at Kenan. FSU and USC are both half of what they once were. 

4 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

That was dumb for not sliding.

He’s not gonna win a football game from the sideline concussed. And yes QB should slide especially given those circumstances.

Again what are you crying about 

Hubby doesn't come across the way he thinks he does. In his mind, he's big and bad defending the team. To everyone else, he's whiny and wearing rose colored glasses 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

You can't expect him to slide in the congested space. Better idea.. Maybe we shouldn't be calling QB designed runs in the Redzone with a QB who isn't built to take on hard hits. 

Except our QB red zone runs are exactly why our red zone efficiency has jumped drastically over last season. Those plays work because Sam isn’t expected to run. Plus, on most of them he goes untouched to the end zone. 

This was failure on multiple levels. Erving, Paradis and Sam Darnold. There really isn’t much of an argument for not sliding there. It’s not like he didn’t see guys coming and he knows he has to protect himself. 

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

No, when an OL decides not to block anyone and Erving literally made that call by not caring or even trying to find the next guy to block, that hurts the team. OL are taught to find the next guy even if they miss the first block. I don’t think you’ll find a single OL coach that would say that Erving didn’t fug that up by being lazy and not doing his job. Sam saw the DB engaged with his WR and a pretty easy chance to score. It only needed a LT to perform his job. Even a half hearted block still gets the job done.

I don't disagree with the block/non block, but Sam made the decision not to go down before putting himself at risk. That decision, that type of run is the RB's job, not the Starting QB that's getting about 19 mil next year. I don’t think you’d find a single HC coach that would disagree with me. BC now, we have a concussed starting QB after our 1st win in 5 weeks with a Question Mark over next week and Pray that he isn’t seeing ghost for the remainder of the season... 

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

You can't expect him to slide in the congested space. Better idea.. Maybe we shouldn't be calling QB designed runs in the Redzone with a QB who isn't built to take on hard hits. 

I expect him not to run into a congested space without sliding or dropping to the ground, because he's our Starting QB.

Designed QB runs are just that, designed! Have you seen Sam take a hit like that in any of the designed QB runs this year, no. That's because they were designed to isolate him to be able to run without the big hit. 

On the runs where he ran that were not designed, he ran and slide to avoid the big hit...