• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you could rewind time…Would you have picked Mac Jones? (Article)

WarPanthers89

22 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Passing on Slater still hurts. That was my dude.

It's hard to really question a do-over in the Draft because we came out of it so well.

Looking back though I wonder if you replace Christensen with Spencer Brown. They don't appear to want to play Christensen, but are happy to insert Jordan into the lineup (along with Scott, Miller and Daley), so that's beginning to worry me. 

At least Brown has OT traits. 

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

a reporter from the NE area who has seen a lot of Sam Darnold in recent years. 

and yes, the gameplan was 100% one of a team afraid of their QB imploding their teams chances of winning a game.  Like he had done repeatedly in recent weeks going into that game.  

Agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

It's hard to really question a do-over in the Draft because we came out of it so well.

Looking back though I wonder if you replace Christensen with Spencer Brown. They don't appear to want to play Christensen, but are happy to insert Jordan into the lineup (along with Scott, Miller and Daley), so that's beginning to worry me. 

At least Brown has OT traits. 

I mean, even though I like Slater over Horn it's way too early to make any definitive statements about the draft in general.

I think we may have done well in the draft but it's too early to say. Taylor looks like a winner, based on his round drafted. Other than that, TBD. Nixon had potential before the injury. Still lots of potential misses though.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, even though I like Slater over Horn it's way too early to make any definitive statements about the draft in general.

I think we may have done well in the draft but it's too early to say. Taylor looks like a winner, based on his round drafted. Other than that, TBD. Nixon had potential before the injury. Still lots of potential misses though.

Based off what I've seen so far; Horn, Marshall, Tremble, Hubbard, Nixon and Taylor look like big-time contributors.

Smith I hope for, but let's see what he achieves now that he's active. Brown, Fletcher and Hoskins are TBC.

Christensen is the only real anomaly.

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Based off what I've seen so far; Horn, Marshall, Tremble, Hubbard, Nixon and Taylor look like big-time contributors.

Smith I hope for, but let's see what he achieves now that he's active. Brown, Fletcher and Hoskins are TBC.

Christensen is the only real anomaly.

I would like to say Horn and I love him as a prospect but he really did only play 3 games.

Marshall is a TBD, he has been far less productive than I thought but he also has one of the worst QB's in the NFL, so I can't blame him completely.

Tremble has great potential and he isn't a pick I liked. TBD, though. We need to see if he develops.

Chubba I forgot about. He is a hit for sure. Valuable #2.

Nixon and Taylor are the two biggest wins because they are late picks and even contributing at a reasonable level is exceptional. Unless they get derailed for some reason, those look like successes.

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would like to say Horn and I love him as a prospect but he really did only play 3 games.

Marshall is a TBD, he has been far less productive than I thought but he also has one of the worst QB's in the NFL, so I can't blame him completely.

Tremble has great potential and he isn't a pick I liked. TBD, though. We need to see if he develops.

Chubba I forgot about. He is a hit for sure. Valuable #2.

Nixon and Taylor are the two biggest wins because they are late picks and even contributing at a reasonable level is exceptional. Unless they get derailed for some reason, those look like successes.

Marshall looks the part - he needs to start seeing Anderson's looks tbh if that guy keeps dropping passes.

Tremble I think can be a tremendous chess piece. I'd love someone like Jalen Wydermyer or David Njoku as your big TE and Tremble as your Hback / #2 TE. But then I've always overvalued TEs, I just think they're mismatch players. 

Obviously we disagree about Darnold, but I do think they need at LEAST two new quality starters on the Oline next year. I hope they don't back themselves into a corner with that 1st round pick. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Marshall looks the part - he needs to start seeing Anderson's looks tbh if that guy keeps dropping passes.

Tremble I think can be a tremendous chess piece. I'd love someone like Jalen Wydermyer or David Njoku as your big TE and Tremble as your Hback / #2 TE. But then I've always overvalued TEs, I just think they're mismatch players. 

Obviously we disagree about Darnold, but I do think they need at LEAST two new quality starters on the Oline next year. I hope they don't back themselves into a corner with that 1st round pick. 

Marshall's catch percentage is kind of middling but I attribute that to the QB more than anything. I like him as a prospect but in hindsight I would easily have trade him out for OL help. He just seemed like a luxury pick at the time and even more so now.

I hope Tremble ultimately becomes what everyone thought Thomas was going to be. He is really, really raw so I hope we develop him properly. His ceiling is very high.

Free agency is going to be critical to our next offseason because we only have one Day 1 or 2 pick in the 2022 draft. IMO, we need to get AT LEAST one quality starting offensive lineman in the 2022 offseason. With a first round pick, that should be easy. Ideally, we land one more in free agency and now you suddenly have three competent linemen. That at least gives us something to build on. Land an actual NFL starting QB(not even high level, just a mid level) and we have something we can work with on that side of the ball in 2022.