• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We Picked Up Sam Darnold's 5th Year Option LMFAO

Castavar

Yes it was stupid but ultimately won’t really matter at all. We’ve got a ton of cap space and won’t be able to find a QB before then anyways and won’t be competitive so that wasted cap space really doesn’t matter that much.

Just now, t96 said:

Yes it was stupid but ultimately won’t really matter at all. We’ve got a ton of cap space and won’t be able to find a QB before then anyways and won’t be competitive so that wasted cap space really doesn’t matter that much.

Ever since cap spaced can be rolled over, ALL wasted cap space matters, because it's always money that could have been better spent at some point in time.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, t96 said:

wrong

Cap space rolls over.  All of this money that we wasted on Sam and Teddy could have been used to help whatever QB we find in the future.  Maybe one day we draaft a QB, that $50m would help improve an O-line alot.

• Pie 3

Just now, onmyown said:

meh…what hurts more is a we gave up a 2nd and 4th…both appearing to be a high pick due to the trade itself…oh the irony

That hurts bad for a team that needs all the picks they can get to rebuild this o-line. We'd probably just draft more defensive players anyway

Just now, AU-panther said:

wrong

Cap space rolls over.  All of this money that we wasted on Sam and Teddy could have been used to help whatever QB we find in the future.  Maybe one day we draaft a QB, that $50m would help improve an O-line alot.

wrong, only a certain amount can be rolled over after a certain amount is spent by the team itself and after a certain amount is spent by all NFL teams in general, and only in a certain timeframe

then again you could be right but I have no idea if all the criteria was met

11 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Without even seeing him throw a pass in a Panthers uni. Terrible decisions like this is the reason we will never be a consistent winner. Stop plucking players from franchises that have been sh*t for decades lol We are literally the Jets South

Who. Cares? 

You guys are way too focused on “cap space” with the Darnold contract. Focus on how much talent the team has for the amount of cap space available. Even with Darnold on the roster and a terrible deal we are in the top half of the league in cap space for 2022 and top 10 in 2023.

I’m not saying it doesn’t matter. But you know who’s at the bottom of the league and deals their draft picks and hands out deals like the league will end tomorrow? The Rams. The Cowboys. The Packers. The Bills. Want to know what they move assets for? To win now. 

Find a QB at all costs. Trade picks. Sign over the cap. Who cares. Win now. That’s what this league is…

Edited by unicar15

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

wrong, only a certain amount can be rolled over after a certain amount is spent by the team itself and after a certain amount is spent by all NFL teams in general, and only in a certain timeframe

then again you could be right but I have no idea if all the criteria was met

You are talking about a very specific scenario that really doesn't apply here..  What we spent on Teddy would have rolled over to this year. 

Even if you reach a point where its not rolling over you extend a core player early and use that cap space to basically pre pay a lot of his contract.