• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things are not well on Mint Street.

Zod

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

The answer is cutting 60 and 75 and starting from scratch with better free agent lineman (look them up yourself, there's a lot of good ones: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/offensive-line// )

Also, Sam Howell 

Start mentally preparing yourself now. 

Don't use the 1st round pick on a QB 

If we trade back... still don't use the 1st on a QB.. OL me... OL me hard all draft

I could be okay with a 2nd or 3rd rounder used on a QB (if we traded back)

4 hours ago, CRA said:

they do belong in the NFL.  They are a cast of backup offensive lineman.   

if all you had to do was hire a coach to make backups look like starters, people would spend all their time investing in OL coaches and not in the actual  OL. 

Right...But they have to play like they're in the NFL. Granted, Sam has made them look worse running around holding onto the ball way too long.

38 minutes ago, NAS said:

Tepper's only fault is that he DIDN'T MEDDLE.  He's letting Rhule build the program but should have said "no go" on the Darnold trade.

Fans are so wish wash its ridiculous, all you heard the beginning of the year was how he was gonna be a terrible owner because he will stick his nose in football decisions to much. He has done the opposite and now the football guys have put this team in a whole with bad decisions but its on Tepper for not seeing the failure ahead of time...the guy that's not the football guy. 

4 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Lol Darnold is not our qb next year. He will either be backup or gone. No way in hell he is starting.

I’ll take the other side of that bet.  Not because Sam’s last four games have been starter quality, they weren’t, but because no reasonable person can apportion responsibility solely on Sam, when this clusterf*ck has been a true team effort; players, coaches, front office. Truly.  

The front office and coaching staff will give him next training camp with an (hopefully) improved O-line and a different OC to prove this season was not indicative of his true ability.  When the team has invested second and fourth round draft picks, you won’t write off the asset without kicking the tires further.  

4 hours ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Agreed. Fans are just pissed and are looking for heads to fall. The worst takes are the “wE ShOuld fOrcE Tepper to SELL!!!”

My expectations for this season was .500 max honestly. The offensive play calling / execution has been the worst since the Lame duck Fox year. But it has NOT been worse. Not sure any team in history were as bad as that team offensively.

Seifert

31 minutes ago, NAS said:

Tepper's only fault is that he DIDN'T MEDDLE.  He's letting Rhule build the program but should have said "no go" on the Darnold trade.

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, I've thought that on the down low.

Um…

It’s because of Tepper that they had to go out and find a new QB this offseason. Options 1-3 didn’t materialize. 

I realize facts aren’t well received on this board but good lord.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

We thought we were importing the New Orleans offense with Joe Brady. An offensive system that has always given us fits. What even New Orleans is learning this year is that system doesn't look so unstoppable without their hall of fame level quarterback.

Yup, like you said, the N.O. offense really ain't poo without an elite QB running it, and Sean Payton scheming/calling the plays.  Its just another set of X's and O's at that point.  And right now I'm not convinced that Joe Brady could scheme up a successful game plan against Independence High School's defense.