• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Fractured Scapula on throwing shoulder

ncfan

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

lol this thread. QBs play injured regularly in the NFL. Blaming the coaches for playing an injured QB.. as if this is something that is not regularly done in the NFL.

2018 - Aaron Rodgers Sprained MCL and Fractured Knee

2020 - Tom Brady torn MCL through the entire season

2020- Drew Brees fractured ribs

2021- Wentz two sprained ankle and a fractured foot 

2021 - Tua playing with fractured ribs

2021 - Baker Mayfield shoulder tear

This didnt even take more than 60seconds to dig up. I know I'm missing a bunch. This is normal. It's not like the coaching staff is holding a gun to the kid's head and saying "play or die."

If medical professionals are clearing these guys, and they elect to play... why would you blame the coaching staff? They aren't doctors and they damn for sure dont know these guy's bodies. This is what these players get paid millions of dollars to do. Play a violent sport every sunday for us keyboard warriors.

There is not enough pie in the world for you. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Maybe that's why he couldn't get the ball over the D-linemen, probably couldn't hold his arm above his head and they still played him. Rhule is an idiot

He knew that and still called him out for having balls batted down.  Which isnt fully on the qb anyway.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

lol this thread. QBs play injured regularly in the NFL. Blaming the coaches for playing an injured QB.. as if this is something that is not regularly done in the NFL.

2018 - Aaron Rodgers Sprained MCL and Fractured Knee

2020 - Tom Brady torn MCL through the entire season

2020- Drew Brees fractured ribs

2021- Wentz two sprained ankle and a fractured foot 

2021 - Tua playing with fractured ribs

2021 - Baker Mayfield shoulder tear

This didnt even take more than 60seconds to dig up. I know I'm missing a bunch. This is normal. It's not like the coaching staff is holding a gun to the kid's head and saying "play or die."

If medical professionals are clearing these guys, and they elect to play... why would you blame the coaching staff? They aren't doctors and they damn for sure dont know these guy's bodies. This is what these players get paid millions of dollars to do. Play a violent sport every sunday for us keyboard warriors.

Broken throwing shoulder for a qb doesnt sound ideal...

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah I’m smarter than this coaching staff. After saying before game they was worried about his shoulder then playing him and the way he looked the whole game. It’s bad when my 11 year old girl is smarter than u and said daddy something isn’t right with Darnold. It’s ok Tepper we know ur garbage along with ur garbage coach.

Yea if they were really making something up they wouldnt go with a broken shoulder that he was questionable with a shoulder injury before the last game.   It makes them looks terrible and they are going to catch a lot of heat for it and have a lot of questions to answer. 

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

Yea if they were really making something up they wouldnt go with a broken shoulder that he was questionable with a shoulder injury before the last game.   It makes them looks terrible and they are going to catch a lot of heat for it and have a lot of questions to answer. 

Well lots of guys have injuries.  And then a team can reach a point where they simply use that to make them disappear because they need to.  

I mean a totally broken and torn up shoulder and a slight hairline fracture that ain’t a big deal can read the same way on paper 

We need to know what the status of Darnold's shoulder was before the game and what the coaches knew before the game before rushing to judgement. However, it is not looking good so far and if Rhule trotted him out there knowing he was still injured, that's a fireable offense to me.

Darnold looked good the first 4 weeks and was starting to look good again in the Falcons game after having 3 not so good games. He is an average QB which is ok if you have built an oline and have a good OC that can gameplan around it. We don't have either of those. Rhule may not or should not get a chance to fix it depending on what he knew before Sunday.

2 hours ago, Panthera onca said:

He’s not a good QB but you can’t doubt his toughness. That poo had to hurt bad.

You also can't doubt this team believes and fights for him, besides Dropsie Anderson. You just have to go back and look at all the support Darnold had after he got injured. 

• Beer 1