• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Fractured Scapula on throwing shoulder

ncfan

In fairness to Rhule, it's possible that the fracture wasn't picked up by the medical staff until this week. Sometimes, even doctors can overlook something. I fractured my toes years ago, but happened to have an appointment for a physical that week. My doctor pointed it out after the X-ray. I was a little surprised to see how small it appeared on the screen.

Back in 2000, Bronco RB (and Hall of Famer) Terrell Davis was coming off a knee injury in 1999 that would eventually result in his premature retirement. He said that when he hit the field again that season he knew something was off even though he had been cleared to play. Five games in the year he had to shut it down. According to an internet site, this was due to a stress condition in the injured leg. But, I can remember reading at that time that he had a fracture in his leg was un-diagnosed/missed at the start of the season.

I don't think the staff would send him out there with a fractured scapula on purpose.

15 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I don't think the staff would send him out there with a fractured scapula on purpose.

They sent him out there with an injured shoulder.  We know that at least. 

Is Matt Rhule having a presser today? Hope reporters press him on answers.  Oddly enough, if someone is going to ask right questions....it shockingly will be.....Joe Person lol.  He has actually gotten better of late.  I know you aren't suppose to say that though. 

• Beer 1

So, the histrionics in this thread aside, what likely happened is that he has a very minor, hairline fracture in his shoulder.  It likely happened in the Falcons game, but was really minor, and Sam probably told the team that he was sore, but it was no big deal, so he could play.  He didnt do much throwing at all during the week because he was in the protocol, so nobody really knew how bad it was, or how it was going to affect him.  Then, in the 2nd Quarter of the Pats game, he takes a hit and realizes "Oh poo, something really is not right in my shoulder".  Continues to play like poo, and then figures out he needs an MRI/X-Ray/whatever postgame. I REALLY do not think this is some conspiracy or ineptitude from Rhule and the coaches and doctors.  Sam likely just did not tell them or even know, the full extent of the injury.

I don't think we're talking about some major, displaced, compound fracture or anything.   Also, as has been said previously, these guys will lie and tell the coaches and docs whatever they want to hear to get out there and play.  They shoot these dudes up with all kinds of drugs pregame, so Sam was probably feeling like a million bucks to start. Just my humble opinion...

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

So, the histrionics in this thread aside, what likely happened is that he has a very minor, hairline fracture in his shoulder.  It likely happened in the Falcons game, but was really minor, and Sam probably told the team that he was sore, but it was no big deal, so he could play.  He didnt do much throwing at all during the week because he was in the protocol, so nobody really knew how bad it was, or how it was going to affect him.  Then, in the 2nd Quarter of the Pats game, he takes a hit and realizes "Oh poo, something really is not right in my shoulder".  Continues to play like poo, and then figures out he needs an MRI/X-Ray/whatever postgame. I REALLY do not think this is some conspiracy or ineptitude from Rhule and the coaches and doctors.  Sam likely just did not tell them or even know, the full extent of the injury.

I don't think we're talking about some major, displaced, compound fracture or anything.   Also, as has been said previously, these guys will lie and tell the coaches and docs whatever they want to hear to get out there and play.  They shoot these dudes up with all kinds of drugs pregame, so Sam was probably feeling like a million bucks to start. Just my humble opinion...

well, we just need some basic answers.  Sam Darnold knew specifics about his shoudler injury going into that game.   What were those. 

• Beer 1