• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule's contract won't save him

Zod

7 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Also, AZ was quick to cut ties with their previous HC (1 year)when it was clear things weren't going to work out.  Now they are challenging for the top of their division with LA, SF and Seattle.  Sometimes, to have a successful franchise, you've gotta know when to cut bait.

Wilks was 3-13 with a franchise that had been average or better every year under Arians. Huge difference. 2019 Carolina was 5-11 with one of the worst and oldest rosters in the league. 

11 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Also, AZ was quick to cut ties with their previous HC (1 year)when it was clear things weren't going to work out.  Now they are challenging for the top of their division with LA, SF and Seattle.  Sometimes, to have a successful franchise, you've gotta know when to cut bait.

Yep.  

2018 - hired a new HC, drafted a top 10 QB

2019- hired a new HC, drafted a top 10 QB 

AZ fugged up, admitted it, and moved on. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Wilks was 3-13 with a franchise that had been average or better every year under Arians. Huge difference. 2019 Carolina was 5-11 with one of the worst and oldest rosters in the league. 

AZ didn’t have a winning season the two years prior to Wilks getting the job and Wilks drafted and was working with a rookie QB

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

While I appreciate what you're saying, in the final analysis, Rhule has failed for two years to properly address the short comings of his offense, and in trying to fix them, misdiagnosed the situation and made things even worse.

If Rhule isn't on the hot seat with Tepper by now, he needs to be.

27 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

our own Steve Wilks for a college coach. Go figure.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

The same folks who are saying Rhule is over his head and needs to be fired, are the same who said:

1. Brian Burns is a bust and never willl be a NFL DE
2. Shaq Thompson is a bust
3. Not resigining Curtis Samuel was a mistake
4. Donte Jackson should get cut, he is garbage
5. CMC will never be able to run between the tackles and is just a WR
and so much more....

All knowledgeless impatient and emotional comments. There is so much we don't know but we act like we are confucious. 

Not true. I said 0 of those 5 things.

Rhule is in over his head and needs to be fired. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Not true. I said 0 of those 5 things.

Rhule is in over his head and needs to be fired. 

Me neither and I totally can see the guy in over his head.

This is a ball of suck rolling down a snow covered hill getting bigger and bigger and bigger.

Villagers better run.

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

They'd never swallow their pride enough to do it, but I wouldn't mind seeing Cam come back at this point.  Who knows if he would even want to.

Can you imagine a Rhule presser admitting how badly they screwed up the last 2 QB deals? I think Tepper would have to clean house and personally ask Cam which won't happen. He'd rather offer Watson his pick of coaching staff and free agent picks

8 hours ago, Smittymoose said:

You could argue that 2021 Carolina is just as bad. This offense is probably worse than the one led by Kyle Allen in 2019. The defense being younger and faster has made no difference because the current staff has mismanaged one half of the operation into oblivion for two years straight. The results show on the field.

Edited by BIGH2001