• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns sends a message to fellow DE’s and Mac Jones

mc52beast

He all but put a target on the 15th pick of the 2021 draft when asked how he wanted the situation, being reviewed by the NFL for a possible fine, to turn out.

"It would be nice to have an apology, but it's not going to happen," Burns said Wednesday, the first time he has addressed the play. "However the NFL handles it, it's on them. I would just like to play them again.

"I wish all my fellow D-end brothers happy hunting. That's all."

Jones was asked Wednesday whether he thought about reaching out to Burns to apologize.

"I already addressed that situation," he said. "I'm just looking forward to playing in this game with the guys we have on our team this week. So we're already kind of moving forward and ready to play this week."

Burns laughed when asked whether he had heard from Jones or Patriots coach Bill Belichick.

"No," he said. "Not at all. They're not going to hook me up."

Burns also hasn't heard from the league.

"They can do what they please with the video," he said. "It's clear to see he held on to my ankle, swept my leg, twisted my ankle, whatever you want to call it."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32600446/carolina-panthers-brian-burns-wishes-nfl-des-happy-hunting-vs-new-england-patriots-mac-jones

32 minutes ago, janderson20vt said:

The only people who are upset about an ankle tackle are panthers fans and it's sad. It was nothing.

nah, you can’t twist legs/ankles trying to ‘tackle’ someone or blocking someone rather (no one believes macs BS) and you certainly cannot try and kick your cleats into them lol

can’t do this whether it’s a ball carrier or not. Macs explanation screams bullshit.

would’ve been nice is Burns stomped on him and took the penalty, %100 justified

• Pie 2