• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers agree to terms with Cam Newton.

Zod

41 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Can he win a Superbowl this year?

If not he doesn't belong.

The only thing that matters is having someone with the potential to win it all.

I don't give a schit about winning 10 games a year. 

Why the bowl obsession? It really is in a lot of ways the most boring game of the year for most people, fact is a nice season of Carolina football to me is more value than some imaginary trophy and for what and what then ? Bragging rights ? Over who exsacly ? No fan of another team cares, they will never acknowledge another team the way they do their own chosen team, the media will still have large market bias and the bandwagon “fans” you’ll attract will be one heck of an annoyance for a consolation prize... people on here get toxic enough as is, besides winning ten games means you do have a shot it’s really more about confidence under pressure in my opinion, now let me also say I do wanna see them win the big one, but saying that’s all that matters is an awful take.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, TheRumGone said:

I don’t like that we’re gonna throw him out there in 3 days. Unfair to cam. Yes he probably would still be better than pj. But he’s not in football shape and going against the #4 ranked defense is a tall task. cam is ultra competitive so he’s gonna play to win. Especially with the added mojo of being back with the panthers. I’d like to see him get another week of practice with the receivers especially Robby to get in rhythm. I suspect DJ and cmc will be good to go with him already tho.

I agree, but for a team that thinks they can make the playoffs, they're gonna start the guy that gives them the best option to win.  That's gonna be Cam.  I think if Brady is all he should be we can implement a gameplan that emphasizes Cams strengths... Leans on the RB, utilizes our receivers and our two backs that are good out of the backfield, etc.  I just think this team has enough talent on O that without film on Brady+CMC+DJ+Cam, defenses will be at a huge disadvantage.

12 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Sam is the #2 ranked starting qb for avg pocket time. He makes a not good oline look considerably worse. Cam can actually read defenses and make throws in rhythm. There’s still going to be issues where cam is gonna have to bail them out with his legs. It’s why I don’t think we’ll make the playoffs with him with the schedule we have remaining. But cam is going to stabilize the offense and give us some hope. If cam started day 1 here? We would’ve stacked wins and gotten in. 

Quit posting that stupid stat. Anyone with eyes can see its bs

• Poo 1

35 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I hate our media here in the triangle.  Gold and Ovies have always been fuging transplant idiots with no vested interest or care for OUR teams aside from State because they went there.  fuging nerds.

I've had to turn them off multiple times because I had gotten so fed up with their sh!t takes.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

I do believe that he is all but finished...however there could be a little more juice left...I'm not a huge fan of the move as a "football move", but I totally understand.

Everyone is desperate in this situation.

No question he is better than what we have, but in all honesty that’s not saying much.  We aren’t all of a sudden contenders for anything, this team is still only about a 7 or 8 win team. 
putting cam in this weekend may be a huge mistake, that defense is gonna go balls out to hit him, hard and often. The secret to rattling cam is well known and that defense is good. 

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

Just to feel good and be somewhat competitive to put fans in seats is a losing mentality

At least Sam was a swing for the fence.

Not walking up to some fat chick at last call.

Winning games isn't a fuging losing mentality, wtf...

This is an attempt to win this year. Is Cam gonna lead us to the Superbowl? Unlikely, but he's got great weapons on offense and an exceptional D to lean on.

But you don't get to a superbowl by losing games.

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I agree, but for a team that thinks they can make the playoffs, they're gonna start the guy that gives them the best option to win.  That's gonna be Cam.  I think if Brady is all he should be we can implement a gameplan that emphasizes Cams strengths... Leans on the RB, utilizes our receivers and our two backs that are good out of the backfield, etc.  I just think this team has enough talent on O that without film on Brady+CMC+DJ+Cam, defenses will be at a huge disadvantage.

No excuses for Brady. Sam was the problem. If cam doesn’t play well it is what it is. 3 days without a single football snap with guys around him already in mid season form. It’s gonna be tough. 

• Pie 3

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

We're gonna see this again and my heart couldn't be more full. Don't let this tradition die again. This needs to stay. Forever.

Cam2.0.gif

Rhule shut it down last season I feel like. CMC was all about it and suddenly it stopped happening. I am really starting to actually hate Rhule, I disliked him all along but man…