• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Rhule gonna get cute

SmittysLawnGuy

18 minutes ago, TF330 said:

well either way, we should have a good week next weekend. 

Chase Young seems to be done for the year and their defense was already among the worst in the NFL and it seems like we now have life on our offense. Our defense should be able to shut down our old backup QB and their subpar offense with no problem

They handled Tampa today.

38 minutes ago, TF330 said:

the media said that but Rhule didn't

I mean hell if PJ played like he did today why not play them both and give cam just a little bit more time?

7 games left, the next 3 are very winnable, especially if PJ is in there and knows the offense well, I think we should ease Cam in slowly and let him take the reigns after the bye week

Imma be honest, I just want to see him start because i'm going to the game next week. First game back in CLT and everything

Edited by BlackPanther21_
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, SOJA said:

A special package for PJ is fine, but let's not kid ourselves PJ is not leading us to the playoffs. Cam at full strength could take us further than just a wildcard game 

I don’t think anyone suggests such. 

Cam hasn’t even been in the building a week though.   A neutered down playbook of Cam basics for 4 quarters vs Ron Rivera just doesn’t seem like an ideal move though.  

I’m cool with PJ getting some between the 20s work for another week 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

53 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I don't see a problem with that, i was actually thinking about this while the game was going on. PJ was moving the ball well until his INT that was tipped, QB by committee is fine until Cam can learn everything in the offense. 

if you could tell, they did a masterful job, that really was more common sense than anything, by making a small section of that playbook catered to Cam and his abilities. 

Honestly that's what they need to do. Just use common sense and cater to Cam in the playbook. Have a set of plays specifically for him. Ease him in.  I would not be opposed to that at all. 

This, it's wise to run with both and move Cam in slowly. He's got to develop chemistry with the WRs and learn the playbook. After a few weeks though he will bring way more to the QB position than PJ. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

54 minutes ago, TF330 said:

the media said that but Rhule didn't

I mean hell if PJ played like he did today why not play them both and give cam just a little bit more time?

7 games left, the next 3 are very winnable, especially if PJ is in there and knows the offense well, I think we should ease Cam in slowly and let him take the reigns after the bye week

It was said based on rumors from team sources.

PJ said in his presser that he had prepared for today's game more than he had for previous games when he wasn't going in as the starter. 

PJ prepped, for sure, but it's like when you're on a road trip -- the person driving the car might spend a whole lot more time looking at the map than the person in the passenger seat; while your 2nd driver may know the way generally, they may not know the details of which exit is the best exit for cheap gas and easy access.

He said that he as going to prep for next week equally hard. I liked what he had to say today after the game. His hard work paid off today

24 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

The smart move would be to continue playing it the same until Cam has a grasp of the offense, and timing with the receivers. 

If it ain't broke don't fix it. PJ knows way more plays between the 20's to keep a rhythm going, it keeps the defense on their heels knowing we can sub out at any time . Do it til it doesn't work