• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The deep-ish ball to DJ moore that drew PI….

electro's horse

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

That's likely true, but I believe that play was more about timing than anything else. I don't think it was indicative of a weak arm.

Cam used to throw much further fading away off his back foot. Manning, et al also had their arm fade in the end of their career it happens. We don't need MVP Cam to win or at least the MVP this time around would look a lot different.

It wasn't like the throw was that far off looked like a timing issue and how the corner was playing Moore. We know Cam isn't going to throw it deep like he used to but with a smart gameplan and this defense playing the way they are we don't need that anyway. Just enjoy the ride folks we can nitpick when it's over.

1 minute ago, NAS said:

I know - nuanced conversations aren't a thing for low IQ people like yourself 🙂

No. If you read my posts in here you would know I’ve said multiple times his arm doesn’t have to be the same. He doesn’t have to be Superman. He needs to be competent. With this defense, competent qb play will win us games. 

you were sitting behind a keyboard telling a former mvp/heisman trophy winner and the most impactful player the panthers have had to just retire and that he’s cringe after all he’s done for this franchise and sacrificed his body. Then he signs back here and provides a spark having 2 tds on two touches and multiple first downs. Just lol at you.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, OceanPanther said:

I was so glad  Cam  didn't have an  'over throw'    or we'd have 8 threads on  " he can't pass"  etc.

That's why its actually even funnier...you'd rather have the underthrow anyway. PI happens and also easier for the WR to stop and go back to the ball.

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

No. If you read my posts in here you would know I’ve said multiple times his arm doesn’t have to be the same. He doesn’t have to be Superman. He needs to be competent. With this defense, competent qb play will win us games. 

you were sitting behind a keyboard telling a former mvp/heisman trophy winner and the most impactful player the panthers have had to just retire and that he’s cringe after all he’s done for this franchise and sacrificed his body. Then he signs back here and provides a spark having 2 tds on two touches and multiple first downs. Just lol at you.

It's because I respect him and what he's done for this franchise that I wanted him to retire with dignity rather than post terrible videos like that.  I think he realized he needed to step away from social media and that's why he turned off his instagram account for example.

And if you read my posts, you would know I was always a Cam supporter.  You can lol all you want but nobody was happier to see Cam do his thing than me yesterday.  

Edited by NAS

The trajectory of the throw showed plenty of arm strength. It was low, quick and with a tight spiral. It wasn't by any definition a "duck". It was definitely underthrown but based on the look of the throw, I don't think that was because he lacked the ability to throw it further but rather just misjudged on the spot/timing. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, NAS said:

It's because I respect him and what he's done for this franchise that I wanted him to retire with dignity rather than post terrible videos like that.  I think he realized he needed to step away from social media and that's why he turned off his instagram account for example.

And if you read my posts, you would know I was always a Cam supporter.  You can lol all you want but nobody was happier to see Cam do his thing than me yesterday.  

He turned off his ig because he didn’t want distractions while he learns the playbook and gets prepared. Said that already. Retire with dignity? Just lol. 

Drop throws are all about timing and accuracy. The ball would have been right on the money but was thrown a bit late.

Darnold’s deep passes almost always sailed to the sideline out of bounds.

If we are having this conversation a month from now after Cam has had some practice time with his receivers then there may be cause for concern.

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

That was a walk in TD with the right throw. 

was that a miscommunication or did cam just throw a duck?

miscommunication is understandable. If that were the case it looked like cam should have thrown the ball sooner. 

Or…..is his deep ball still toast?

You're going to get ripped for saying anything negative about Cam.  All the people who have bashed every qb since cam for underthrowing a deep ball is going to comment on here bashing you.  Also I think it's both.  It's not fair to judge his deep ball yet because hes not got any reps or timing down yet, but also I will make an uneducated guess that after 3 or 4 years of his arm strength being gone, I doubt its magically going to be back.  Especially for the long haul.