• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missing a true deep threat.

TheMaulClaw

Yes I know we have other more glaring needs specifically along the OL.  However, whenever the Panthers O has been at it's best we've had a true deep threat.  In fact we've never really been able to replace Ted Ginn.  I think the Panthers need to pursue a downfield threat next year.  DJ is a good receiver but he can't really blow the top off.  I'm not sure what Robby is at this point.  Seems like we tried to use Samuel in that role with mixed results. 

I personally think Cam's shoulder isn't an issue and a legit deep threat would open things up for CMC and our playaction in general.

Have you guys noticed we've been lacking this for years now?

• Poo 1

I would much rather build a better Oline, like at least 3 new starters. 

Then I would feel like talking about downfield. Looking like a new OC to boot and we might not need a new deep threat. Don't know, the staff is underperforming so hard it's difficult to evaluate the players. Guys started to catch once Sam left, who knows what would happen if we found one guy to play OG who wasn't awful. 

• Pie 4

DJ and Robby can do that but the real problem is Joe Brady refuses to call those types of plays (been the same with Teddy. Sam, and Cam)

It's low hanging fruit to blame it all on oline.  If anything they've been progressively  playing better in recent games and I've seen several plays where qb gets more than enough time to throw.  

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

We have deep threats the offense isn't threatening deep. We had a 4 vert play which I believe was even the trick play that went to Tremble for 16 yards. 16 yards via a super trick play seems to be our deep threat offense.....

The timing was off, DJ had 5-7 yards on his man, but by the time Cam had the ball and his feet set, DJ was in the back of the end zone, with no more room to seperate from his defender. Cam took the next best option. 

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

The timing was off, DJ had 5-7 yards on his man, but by the time Cam had the ball and his feet set, DJ was in the back of the end zone, with no more room to seperate from his defender. Cam took the next best option. 

Yea DJ is a deep threat always has been he just can do everything so since we have a doo doo offense and also doo doo QBs over the last couple years he just has to get the ball short.