• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Survey Says....

Zod

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’m sure if you polled the fanbase Week 13 in 2012 it would have said the same thing about Rivera. Rhule still has 5 games to turn it around. I don’t expect them to win another game. But if they run the table and finish 10-7 I’m on board with keeping him. 

Progress is the key, and we have shown no progress and many could actually argue regression. That and all of our coaches are awful with in game decisions. I’m convinced they don’t even try to adjust at halftime, they have a 60 minute script they run from. That’s becoming more and more apparent.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sensationalism aside, we all expected to see signs of progress being made in the rebuild process. This ain't that.

When the defense isn't getting demoralized on the first drive of the game, they play pretty well.

We've had a top 5 defense most of the season so far. Is that not progress?

Edited by Cam's New Arm

36 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Progress is the key, and we have shown no progress and many could actually argue regression. That and all of our coaches are awful with in game decisions. I’m convinced they don’t even try to adjust at halftime, they have a 60 minute script they run from. That’s becoming more and more apparent.

I agree. They seem in over their heads. At times in 2011 and 2012, Rivera’s teams didn’t look great either. Ron made tons of rookie coach mistakes including calling a timeout to let the Saints kick a FG before halftime once. But they tended to be in almost every game and blew it at the end. Those teams showed a lot more progress than Rhule’s squads. And we obviously had a franchise QB still learning the ropes. With no franchise QB tying a coach here it would be easier to move on from Rhule than it would from Rivera in 2012 IMO.

• Beer 1

57 minutes ago, stirs said:

This place is more Jerry Springer than Jerry Rice

Football is secondary to feelings and rage and clicks

Well to be fair football seems to be secondary to our coaches and players rn because we damn sure aren't winning anything so the fans are only a reflection of that.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

The Panthers decided to go all out on corners instead of OL.  We got like 8 quality CBs and no OL.  No idea what logic Rhule had there.

I agree with that but we are also in year 2 of a rebuild.   Before the 3-0 start everyone knew that.  Even the front office seemed to get blinded by that and try to jump into win now mode and trash the rebuild.  I think Rhule will get one more season.  Hopefully not Brady though.   They will have to find a qb they fully commit to and their fate will be directly tied to him.  No more going to the scrap heap and getting a pass.

Just now, Tr3ach said:

I think Rhule will get one more season.  Hopefully not Brady though.   They will have to find a qb they fully commit to and their fate will be directly tied to him.

Um they've already done that two times now. 30 million dollars for one season of Teddy Bridgwater and 3 draft picks and 18 million dollars guaranteed for the worst starting qb in the league.

Just now, frankw said:

Um they've already done that two times now. 30 million dollars for one season of Teddy Bridgwater and 3 draft picks and 18 million dollars guaranteed for the worst starting qb in the league.

Those were both trying to make value gambles in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I agree with that but we are also in year 2 of a rebuild.   Before the 3-0 start everyone knew that.  Even the front office seemed to get blinded by that and try to jump into win now mode and trash the rebuild.  I think Rhule will get one more season.  Hopefully not Brady though.   They will have to find a qb they fully commit to and their fate will be directly tied to him.  No more going to the scrap heap and getting a pass.

The way the team has been playing do you really think Matt is gonna suddenly become a good NFL coach? Most coaches in year 2 show improvement. Fox went 7-9 in his first year and then Super Bowl. Rivera went 7-9 in his second year and then 12-4 his third. Showing improvement all 3 years. 
Rhule has been regressing and most of the blame for how the team is rest solely at his feet. 
I just don’t think another year will prove Rhule is the coach of the future. The team has avoided “rebuilding” like the plague from the moves they have made.