• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton should be done as a starting QB in this league

NAS

On 11/29/2021 at 9:45 AM, Silent Majority said:

This defense has given up 60 points in 2 weeks, yet here is another bitch about Cam thread. What kind bagger vance, green mile, magic ***** bs are you looking for from a guy 2 weeks off his couch. There is a pervasive sickness in this fan base that disguises itself as criticism.

The defense is a gimmick and it’s been exposed. Phil snow is garbage. 

• Flames 1

19 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

I guess my best response to that would be as follows:

With that much experience under his belt, shouldn't we be good at any of it?

The D-line is mostly okay at pass rushing, but the rest of it....Christ.

I could make the argument for this being the worst special teams and offensive line we've ever had.

I agree with regards to our OLine . . . but our ST's are actually in a good place right now.

Our punter is #5 in the NFL for gross average, and middle of the pack for net average.  The mess we had early in the year has weighed down our team numbers, but Edwards is doing well.

Likewise with kicker.  Gonzalez is having a career year with us.  He's at nearly 91% for FG's right now and he's making great progress on his touchbacks.

We gotta look at the big picture as fans and make sure we don't get caught up in how frustrated we are.  For example, across the NFL, an average offense scores 24 points per game.  If our offense was just "average", we'd be 6-5-1 right now.  Likewise, the average NFL defense surrenders 23 points per game.  Our defense is "above average" by that measure.  The twist comes in that any time we give up more points than the average, we lose.

It boils down to our offense being really bad, which is easily what we see on the field.  Defensively, we are just painfully inconsistent.

I will say that I'm just as much on the fence about Cam as I ever was, and that's a shame. I always wanted him to reach the highest of heights and could never have imagined he'd fall to the lowest of lows. He may have grown as a man, which is the priority at the end of the day, but I've yet to see his growth as a player, and unfortunately he may not get another opportunity to live up to that potential. What you see and have seen might be his best.

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule's preferred style of offense is probably closer to John Fox's than Sean Payton's.

But then he went and hired a Sean Payton disciple to run his offense, so... 😕

But this year we've seen what Sean Payton's offense looks like without Drew Brees. Even with Sean still calling the plays.

It hasn't been good.

Gonna greatly dissagree with this post. you dont do as well as he did the previous 2 weeks to oh hes done after 1 game. you act like he had a ton of time to throw and he only threw 2 ints. one game tells you a guy is done? we took lik 7-8 weeks to see Darnold wasnt it and he had like 3 games with 2-3 ints and no touchdowns. cam overall 6 toucchdowns 2 ints...and hes finished after 1 bad gm lol

• Pie 1