• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking ahead to this offseason *Warning* Not for the Weak Stomach

ncfan

Hopefully Sulieman can get squirrely with the cap much in the same way the Saints did this past season where we "extend" Sam converting his salary into smaller increments and adding voidable years to the back end to ease his cap hit. 

Same thing might work with a few other guys as well.

Either way I think we let Donte walk and re-sign gilmore, hopefully to a reasonable contract extension. Reddick we will need to re-sign as well, I'm also a jones fan too.

Luvu needs to stay, he's been a little ray of sunshine in an otherwise dark year. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

Either way I think we let Donte walk and re-sign gilmore, hopefully to a reasonable contract extension. Reddick we will need to re-sign as well, I'm also a jones fan too.

Luvu needs to stay, he's been a little ray of sunshine in an otherwise dark year. 

Gilmore’s “Market Value” from what he seen is around 14.5 mil

Reddick’s tag would’ve been 16 Last Year.  With the season he is having.  I’d expect 17 or even north of that.

Those 2 defensive players alone will account for 21.5  (minimum) of the 30 projected mil.   Now you have to remember, Sam Darnold is the only QB under contract as well.

Started off in such good shape too. Had Cap room. Had a top 10 pick(s)

Maybe squandered both but definitely have squandered one pick and now the cap looks squandered yay us right back to speed running shitting your pants and ruining the good you built.

Panthers be that kid at the beach to build a Sand Castle and go play in the water for a bit come back and be like "look at this nerds sand castle" and then kick it over and start laughing only to hang their head in shame and realize that's their sand castle.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

I do know if Rhule is still here, I don't want him poaching 2023 draft picks.

Roll with what you got, buddy. You dug that grave. You best go ahead and get cozy.

Given our current lack of picks this year, can't say I'd be surprised.

It's likely either that or overspend in free agency.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1