• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking ahead to this offseason *Warning* Not for the Weak Stomach

ncfan

18 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

Correct. 

If he gets a 2nd round tender it's ~$3.5M. If a team were to sign him (and the Panthers refused to match) they'd get a 2nd in the current draft.

Original round tender is cheaper, but PJ wasn't drafted.

Ok then I am going to recommend that he is not tendered and allowed to go where ever his heart desires 

We're gonna have to let go of Reddick. It was a nice free agency find but him and Burns beside eachother simply wont work against teams that can run the ball and we need to fill that spot with a more traditional run stopper. Maybe YGM can step up? The defense isn't going to work how we want it to with him on the field, and that's ignoring that we only have 30 million dollars to work with and he'll likely command at least half of that. Try like hell to retain Gilmore tho.

Also I don't know what y'all see in Suleiman considering the fact that our cap management has been bad since he got here and it now spans two GMs. I doubt he does much more than give out contracts, but the contracts he's given out for the most part have been poor.

They are probably going to do some creative restructuring with CMC’s contract to open up some space. Along with Darnold’s cap hit maybe being extended over 3 years or something. Robby Anderson was a mind numbingly stupid extension. Wish he was about to walk. Not sure they can do anything about his cap hit. 

Only player worth their contract number on the whole roster is Moton, I guess. 

This is going to be a rough off-season. Would be a lot easier to stomach if they had a rookie QB coming into a second year on the roster .

You also got to remember that if we cut Elf and Erving that frees up some money. Also offloading McCaffrey or Anderson would give us more money if we can find somebody to take the contract. May have to take less in the trade though.

The cap increase is expected to sky rocket from the new TV deal and the recoup from the covid market last year. Good chance we have somewhere around 55 million or so and if we are lucky a couple extra picks from cutting dead weight.

But still mind blowing.

if they go Just for market value.

Signing Reddick And Gilmore alone will cost us around 31 mil when we currently have 29.

it will probably end up at 40 with about 6 of that going to the guys we draft. 
leaving 34.

34-31= 3

Now your at 3 mil with all those other starters and key guys gone and San Darnold as your only QB under contract.

We’ve really dug ourselves in a hole.  We’re going to really have to pull some magic to pull this off

A trade down in round 1 could be in the cards but a ton of things to work out here.  QB, C, OT and G are priorities for sure but we should be in a position to acquire players there.  Still believe there is a lot of young talent on the roster.  This coaching staff needs quality NFL experience added so I expect some serious discussions about that

Edited by Shocker