• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How good are they really?

Mr. Scot

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

This season has been a rollercoaster not only in the win-loss column, but on the field as well.

We've got several guys on the team right now that have seemed to go back and forth between greatness and mediocrity.

So my question for the following names would be how good are they really, and why.

Starting with...

DJ MOORE

Was looking like the next big thing, but has struggled with drops as the season went on. Which version of Moore is the true one and which is the illusion?

BRIAN BURNS

Started off this year looking like an absolute nightmare for opposing offenses, but nobody seems to be all that scared of Burns anymore. In fact, teams are often running right at him and his "sack contest" with Haason Reddick has turned into a pretty one-sided affair. What happened, and can it be fixed?

DERRICK BROWN

The top pick in Matt Rhule's first draft has gone from a future star to being benched. Was Brown overrated to begin with or is the scheme just not doing any favors?

JEREMY CHINN

Another future star from last year who seems to have all but disappeared. Since being slotted into the free safety role, Chinn has still shown up in games but at nowhere near the level he did before. Is it a sophomore slump, is he miscast in his current role or is there something more to the story?

ROBBY ANDERSON

That nice extension he got looks like a boondoggle now. Unlike most of the others, Anderson didn't go from looking good initially to looking bad later. Heck, early on it felt like Anderson couldn't catch anything. These days, he's getting open and hauling in a few more than he did, but is that production worth what he's being paid?

JERMAINE CARTER

Carter was always mostly a "try hard" type player. He wound up starting primarily because the guy that was expected to anchor the middle linebacker spot soured his relationship with team leadership. At this point, Carter is probably a nicer story than he is a player, but can he still be what the team needs in the middle or is it time to move on?

PHIL SNOW

The only non-player on the list, but with a similar story to many others.  Snow looked like a genius in the first few games of the year, but more recent results (especially the last two weeks) have been decidedly less awesome. Did he get figured out or are his players letting him down?

Sound off, folks. Who on this list is genuinely good and who's truly just...not?

No good answer. Could be talked about form now until late off-season. Only one I feel rather firm on is Carter, hes just a top backup/ST role player type. Regardless how you feel about Cam, WRs with panther QBs&OL is a giant mess. Brady has not help either this season too.

3 defensive guys are still awful young, I think Burns is still only 25? Need better coaching I feel, Rhule and his choice of Baylor/temple staff is showing hard on the these 3. Funny cause 2020 looked much better in future regards than 2021. I really think Rhule needs to get some different NFL voices/minds in the building.....yea I know he doesnt fire coaches(he did fire DL coach). Still in order to save your NFL career, he needs to bring in NFL coaching talent. The thing is his temple/baylor staff many were the first time they gotten to that high "level"......so only 3 years as a DL coach at college level and thats your best choice??? My god wake up Rhule......

This whole deal feels like a youth issue, coaching staff and players. Public wants results NOW!!! It doesnt always work that way in the real world. 

Edited by Basbear

Carter plays hard but just isn’t a starting caliber lb.

Anderson should be charged with robbery because he’s stealing money from this organization.

Chinn needs to be moved back to LBer.

Burns is a finesse guy, not a grunt who can mix it up in the run game.

Brown I’m not sure about. Maybe he peaked and what you see now is what you’re gonna get going forward.

Problem with Snow is teams have figured him out. He’s not adjusting like his friend Matt.

Moore is who he is. Can shock you with a great play then drop balls that him in the numbers… definitely not a #1.

Edited by mc52beast
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Carter plays hard but just isn’t a starting caliber lb.

Anderson should be charged with robbery because he’s stealing money from this organization.

Chinn needs to be moved back to LBer.

Burns is a finesse guy, not a grunt who can mix it up in the run game.

Brown I’m not sure about. Maybe he peaked and what you see now is what you’re gonna get going forward.

Problem with Snow is teams have figured him out. He’s not adjusting like his friend Matt.

Moore is who he is. Can shock you with a great play then drop balls that him in the numbers… definitely not a #1.

Chinn is certainly going to waste cleaning up the LB's mistakes

3 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

It genuinely angers me the slander moore is getting here. How about we give him 100 more targets over the past 3 years??? Come on. Get outta here with any dj slander 

FDF61718-FAD5-4F9E-BC9A-05A935F9FA04.png

Cant get in the end zone doesn't make winning plays anybody can put up stats look at CMC

22 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Occurs to me I probably could have put Donte Jackson on this list too.

Kinda felt like I knew what everybody would say though 😕

Was going to mention him...

Donte is doing what much of the defense has been doing - playing undisciplined football. Cheating.

Why are they cheating? Because they are trying to make a big play and get off the field. That's what Donte and Shaq have been noticeably doing the last few weeks. That's why they're out of position so often.

And you can lay that at the feet of the offense, who can't seem to stay on the field. The Panthers have won every game they have topped 30 minutes in TOP. 

And I'm sure the defense is frustrated. They played very well the first three weeks. You could see the discipline and dedication, but when the offense went in the tank for multiple weeks, they tried to cut corners and here we are.