• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Fire Joe Brady

GOAT

42 minutes ago, frankw said:

Just how many mistakes do you think a new coach should be afforded? Teddy was strike one. Darnold was a big strike two. Calling up Cam Newton mid-season after discarding him like nothing in your first season is a huge strike three. Welcome to the NFL.

I think a majority of the people who are so adamant about firing him were lost the second they didn't give Cam the big extension he wanted.  There is no winning back some of those. 

• Flames 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, John2k2k said:

Every body on here just wants to be the browns of 10 year ago. Yeah lets get rid of the coach every couple of years. 

Depends on what you do next. Arizona moved on from Wilks after just one season to hire a college coach no less and that seems to have worked out for them.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Depends on what you do next. Arizona moved on from Wilks after just one season to hire a college coach no less and that seems to have worked out for them.

They got lucky with Kingsbury but he did bring more NFL experience than Rhule and was smart enough to hire a staff with NFL coordinator and HC experience as well.

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I think a majority of the people who are so adamant about firing him were lost the second they didn't give Cam the big extension he wanted.  There is no winning back some of those. 

That's a simpleton view. People who are down on this regime are so bc we have mortgaged future draft picks and salary cap just to end up worse off than when we started two years ago. If you enjoy being awful and want to go back for seconds good for you I guess.

Edited by frankw

18 minutes ago, frankw said:

That's a simpleton view. People who are down on this regime are so bc we have mortgaged future draft picks and salary cap just to end up worse off than when we started two years ago. If you enjoy being awful and want to go back for seconds good for you I guess.

Simpleton view?  Most fans were happy with the moves besides some concern over the Darnold move.  Hindsight is 20/20.  I think maybe you're coming with the naive view if you really dont think most of the haters have hated him since Cam, then using mistakes after they happen to reinforce the argument you already had.  It seems more like confirmation bias.

• Poo 1

21 minutes ago, frankw said:

Im down on it because the move was incredibly stupid in the first place. From day 1, I saw major red flags giving a 7 year, 63 million dollar deal to a guy with virtually no experience in the league. Rhule is paid like a super bowl winning coach and he’s producing performances that would make a Lions fan cringe.  

it’s time to admit we fuged up and move on. 

• Beer 2

30 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Simpleton view?  Most fans were happy with the moves besides some concern over the Darnold move.  Hindsight is 20/20.  I think maybe you're coming with the naive view if you really dont think most of the haters have hated him since Cam, then using mistakes after they happen to reinforce the argument you already had.  It seems more like confirmation bias.

Many people were skeptical of the Darnold trade. You're talking about haters and wanting to make this all about Cam because you have an ax to grind. I'm talking about wins and losses and investments that have hurt the team and could linger for another season or two and prolong this rebuild.

• Pie 1

IMO what happened was Rhule watched the film and saw that the play calling did not improve or change as we shuffled from Teddy to Sam to PJ to Cam. I believe Rhule expected changes especially with Cam. Brady was not giving any of them a chance for success because he was sticking to his playbook no matter who was under center or what Rhule said. That's the kiss of death for any coordinator. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also saw where someone pointed out that going into just his third game since returning, Newton now has a different coordinator.

It'll be the 6th in his career. He can handle it.

14 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Yes the OL has been bad, yes the QB room has lacked a franchise guy, but he hasn't done the offense any favors. Sure CMC down hurt, but he had two good receivers to work with... His play calling is so predictable multiple teams have commented how easy it is to jump routes, the only evidence we have on a QB post Brady is Bridgewater that looks much better without him and hell even called him out on his way out the door...not like denvers offense is even really better than ours talent wise.

Brady has as much a hand in our shitty offense as any QB imo. 

THIS.

I know Joe wasn't *The* Problem with the team but he was *A* Problem with the team.

Addition by subtraction.

Hope Rhule is next.

14 hours ago, gruffmusic said:

Yet everybody blamed Teddy for last year. Got mad when he said they didn't really practice end zone work. Said he threw the coaches under the bus. 

Meanwhile, Teddy is poised to have a career year with an actual NFL coaching staff. Still has his team in the playoff hunt.

Ya'll are a dumpster fire.

Those who said you are Teddy are wrong.

You are NOT Teddy.

You are @CPsinceDay1 with yet ANOTHER burner account.

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The firing now helps with letting Rhule go after the season.  Had we waited until the end of the season Rhule gets a pass for 2022.  If we don't see some sort of improvement I think he's done after the season. 

I have to think if Rhule knew he was totally safe for next year he would have played out the string and made this move after the season. This seems a lot like Ron demoting Eric Washington after weeks of terrible performances. I suspect he didn’t want to do that any more than Rhule wanted to fire Brady but Tepper basically said make a change, show improvement or youre next. 

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Pie 1