• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pro Football Talk on Matt Rhule

Toker Smurf

Decent summation of the difference between college and NFL, though fairly obvious.  In the end, the risk didn't work out, so should Rhule still get the rewards of a high $ contract?  If Tepper can upgrade, I think he will, no matter the cost.

Edited by BudFox
  • Pie 2

31 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

For sure. I certainly don't think he's capable of coaching this team to competitiveness anymore.

Honestly, the results this team has week-in and week-out illustrate that the players hate him. Sure, I'll leave out his Temple and Baylor yes-men, some of whom (read: nearly all) are here because they lack the qualifications to be in the NFL without his assistance.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

If this teams loses down the stretch and goes 5-12 or even 6-11 and Tepper doesn't fire Rhule Tepper is an idiot. 

For the remaining five games I forecast -  Game 1. Atlanta Loss -  Game 2. Buffalo Loss -  Game 3. Tampa Bay Loss -  Game  4. New Orleans Toss Up - Game 5. Tampa Bay Win, only if they rest their starters.

If corrrect it would mean we lose at least 3 or 4 of the 5 remaining games, with a question mark pertaining to Tampa Bay, our last game. 

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Dude you have no clue what a billionaire and NFL owner is going to do. 

neither do you, to be fair.

But I believe it's safer to assume he fires him after the season is done than during this season.

...and that's IF he fires him at all.

I do think Rhule's seat is going to be very warm next season if he's still here, though...contract or no contract.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

For the remaining five games I forecast -  Game 1. Atlanta Loss -  Game 2. Buffalo Loss -  Game 3. Tampa Bay Loss -  Game  4. New Orleans Toss Up - Game 5. Tampa Bay Win, only if they rest their starters.

If corrrect it would mean we lose at least 3 or 4 of the 5 remaining games, with a question mark pertaining to Tampa Bay, our last game. 

I don’t think the Bucs will rest their starters. Packers and Cardinals will likely be right on their heels for the rest of their season. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthera onca said:

If Tepper decides Rhule doesn't have what it takes, he will not hesitate to fire him. I personally believe Rhule is a dead man walking unless we go 4-1 or 5-0 to close out the season.

He should be ‘dead man walking!

as for DT, what is there to decide?   He failed for two years straight at the two most positions in football 

That right there is egregious enough. We have a questionable DT from 2020. A CB in and a WR sho was a healthy scratch 

both of those years had good OTs and QBs with promise 

I am done with Tepper and if I was writing checks for that clown, I’d be really really done l

I've said it a few times recently. Both seasons look eeriely similar. Promising start followed by a faceplant a few games in and no ability to adapt and recover. I think they're right. It's just college coaches doing college coaching. They think they can simply out-execute everyone else. Scheming? Nah. We do what we do. We just have to execute better. That's probably why Rhule couldn't beat good college teams either. When he ran into more talented teams in college he lost. When he runs into teams that have a few games of film to study at the NFL level, he loses more often than not. Phil Snow has floated this turd. He's the only coach on this staff who has somewhat impressed me schematically.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

Think things have decent odds of snowballing if we lose to Atl.

Book is out on how to destroy our O.  Everyone after Atl has the D to do it.   All can stop the run.   

Brady threw for 400 yards the last game of the season last year.  Good luck to Arians getting him to sit.