• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule Believes his culture is working, even if the wins aren't there

Ricky Spanish

1 hour ago, therealmjl said:

I know right. Like Anderson is an anomaly. Everything else Rhule has touched at the pro level has turned into dust.

Anderson is making more money than DeVante Adams.  He is playing like trash relative to his paycheck 

• Flames 5

1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

I mean not sure what else Rhule is supposed to say. I didn’t really expect him to say “fug it, i suck donkey ass and these nfl coaches are bit tougher than when I went up against Memphis, Tulsa and SMU”.

Don't really care whether or not Matt Rhule sees that he's terrible.

I care a lot about whether or not David Tepper sees it.

• Pie 1

His analogy is flawed.......

In the NFL the talent and culture you build is predicated on how to accomplish while being exposed to the constant presence of injury of those you are trying to build that culture with.  

As a result, to build success in the NFL means you either do that quickly and/or have the ability to keep replacing the broken pieces without falling down.  

As you are building the house some pieces keep falling off of it at the same time and you constantly need to replace them while you are still trying to build the newer components as well. 

So far from what I've seen out of Rhule he has accomplished nothing that reflects he's addressing this reality.  

• Pie 3

Turnovers are obviously a big issue but just like the discussion of wanting to run the ball more it goes hand in hand with how our defense is doing. And for the last several weeks the defense has been a sieve forcing the offense into obvious passing situations allowing opposing defenses to shut down our already predictable and anemic offense. Rhule chose Joe Brady he chose Jeff Nixon he assembled this oline and he chose to let our power back walk knowing CMC already missed significant time last season. Most of this is self inflicted and the excuses will continue to be met with eye rolls.

• Pie 1

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

I meant to put this in a thread the other week about Rhule. I’ve been watching it and the coach reminds me so much of Rhule. The lady that owns the team brought him in to coach the soccer team which he had never coached that sport before and wanted him to fail to ruin a franchise that used to be owned by her ex husband. Only thing is the coach on the show is changing and making team better lol, Rhule well I think we all know how that’s going!

5 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I think with 50million being part of the equation it will be enough to tip the scales in to keeping dirty faced  matt for another season.

You could be right, but 50 million relative to Tepper's wealth, is like you or I finding loose change in our pockets.

It is also the cost of doing business and a tax write-off.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth