• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doug Pederson on how to build a "quarterback room"

Mr. Scot

38 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

This the same Doug that got fired two years after? The same Doug that blew a 17-0 lead to the lowly Panthers? The same Doug that wouldn’t have won a super bowl if it wasn’t for the bears hilariously bad FG kicking woes? Come on man. 

Every single head coaching candidate will have things you can point to as issues. I just hope we need to evaluate the pros and cons of each of them because it means Rhule is gone.

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Good read and Pederson will most likely be a hot candidate for a HC job.

Never did quite understand how things soured so quickly in Philly after the two Super Bowls. I know they lost the second attempt, but really? Every team suffers some poaching and player loss after a Super Bowl, and doubly so after a second. Amazing he really didn't get much rebuild time there.

Not every team. Tampa brought back literally every starter from 2020.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Not every team. Tampa brought back literally every starter from 2020.

They sure did. Injury bug is catching them hard right now, though. That's also something that happens to Super Bowl teams the next year. Of course, this has been a monster injury (and illness) year.

2 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

You have no idea for that to be the case. Stop spouting nonsense. Everything has been collaborative, and everything is we… go back and watch every pre draft conversation, and camp confidential etc. 

If true then why does Rhule have the power on roster decisions which is why he came here in the first place. I mean can anybody not make a decision and then to the media claim "we" to make it sound like a team effort?

You have no idea for that to be the case. Stop spouting nonsense. Everything has been collaborative, and everything is we… go back and watch every pre draft conversation, and camp confidential etc. 

Um unless total control over the roster and personal means something else I do. So sit down son and maybe read for a change. 

The same Doug that wouldn’t have won a super bowl if it wasn’t for the bears hilariously bad FG kicking woes? Come on man.

So the Bears not being able to kick field goals is why the Patriots couldn't beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl?

Try telling Tom Brady that and see how it flies.

1 hour ago, jackson113 said:

I don’t want a guy that tanks in prime time… y’all got low standards on here… lolz

As opposed to a coach who can't win enough to get on prime time?

And, it's not low standards. It's Matt Rhule, the bar is pretty fugging low already.

Edited by Anybodyhome

3 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

The same Doug that wouldn’t have won a super bowl if it wasn’t for the bears hilariously bad FG kicking woes? Come on man. 

Double doink was the 2018 season and the Eagles lost the next game.  Eagles won the SB in 2017 mostly due to great coaching

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Good read and Pederson will most likely be a hot candidate for a HC job.

Never did quite understand how things soured so quickly in Philly after the two Super Bowls. I know they lost the second attempt, but really? Every team suffers some poaching and player loss after a Super Bowl, and doubly so after a second. Amazing he really didn't get much rebuild time there.

Supposedly there is/was some serious disfunction in the Management. Not sure how much if any, Pederson contributed to that.

2 hours ago, jackson113 said:

I don’t want a guy that tanks in prime time… y’all got low standards on here… lolz

Are you referring to Super Bowl ring-wearing Pedersen that coached his ass off in Super Bowl 52?

Who do you say we should get that's better and wins all prime-time games?