• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keeping Rhule but replacing assistants

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

So what does he even bring to the table? He's not a play caller on either side, not good at motivating grown men, horrible with time outs, no half time adjustments, etc. If you're gonna replace everything else just put a more likeable guy as the rah rah head coach. At least someone who can do a decent press conference and not sound like he's guilty of something/lying the whole time

I should have preface that with, 'if we keep Rhule'.

18 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Tepper has to know that sales and views will be down tremendously if Rhule is kept another year. He isn't stupid. Keeping him would just be about pride at that point. 

Never underestimate the pride of someone who has been wildly successful.  It makes you believe you are "smarter" than you really are.  When you have success you spend a good amount of time with people telling you how smart and great you are.  It's pretty rare that a successful person is wise enough to understand that their success in one area doesn't guarantee their success or knowledge in another. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No one with other opportunities is going to come work for this college coach who would be on the hottest seat in the league.

The Rhule experiment flopped spectacularly. Time to own it, learn from it, and move the fug on.

The only way this scenario works, which I think it doesn’t based on the fact Rhule won’t ever fire his guys. Is if Tepper brings in some old vets on very high pay scale one year deals. Tepper and Fitts would have to cut Rhule out of the decision making completely for it to have any chance of success. 

Just now, Harbingers said:

The only way this scenario works, which I think it doesn’t based on the fact Rhule won’t ever fire his guys. Is if Tepper brings in some old vets on very high pay scale one year deals. Tepper and Fitts would have to cut Rhule out of the decision making completely for it to have any chance of success. 

That my thing. If you're having to force things like this on a coach, you have the wrong coach.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I’m over it at this point. Nothing will surprise me at this point and that includes Rhule being around for another year with this same staff.  I think I care about as little as I ever have about this team.  It’s pure comedy now. Keeping Rhule around another day is pointless.  Tepper has managed to ruin a .500 franchise most of us were clinging to and make most us us really care less.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

Losses to a billionaire just means less taxes paid.

The sad truth is that it's also easier to build a fanbase when the wins starts.  Face it the majority of fans come and go with the wind. Diehard fans (the base) stick around no matter how bad it gets. The fans that hang around for one player will always be there until that player leaves. Those are truths every team deals with. 

The fans are never a factor in team decisions, at least by smart teams.  The reason being is that until the owner figures out how to build a consistently competitive team he will never build the Diehard base who fill his pockets with the real money from merchandising.  And everyone knows cash is king.