• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold likely starting again for last few games

Saca312

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If you think Sam is the best QB to lead our offense other than to losing out the rest of the games, you need your head examined. I mean that for coaches and fans alike.

Boy ya'll forgot quickly that he was playing like the worst QB in the history of this franchise when he got injured. 

That said....I'm all in. Sit Cam, make the fans mad, lose all the games to get a top 5 draft pick. If we can just convince Tepper to can Matt Rhule, it will all be worth it.

I dont think Sam has any worse chance than Cam.  Neither have a very good chance.  Cam is what 0-12 now?   That's not all on him obviously but the people who are dead set on him being the best chance to win should see their being stans.   At least a little bit.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Theres no stans. But im not sure how you cant see that going forward it makes more sense to give reps to the 24 year old with all the physical tools that we have to pay next year instead of the 32 year old with a broken down body

Cam will be here in 2022 .. and have you saw the guy run the ball the last two seasons? Broken down?

Oh but his piss poor passing? Well in 4 of Cam’s last 12 starts where he’s 0-12 he has a Rating of 100+ .. and against Miami, no QB in history would’ve looked good that day, the day the line was so bad PFF had never saw anything like it before. 

Here’s some food for thought. All of Mac Jones TD (18) this year are to players not on NE last year .. today is Mac Jones 15th game - he needs 3 TD to match the 21 Cam had last year with a fraction of the talent in the roster LOL yes Cam is broke

Truth is we lost the last 12 with Cam and instead of getting better with more experience in the offense he is getting worse. His passer rating the last 3 games has been 56, 70 and 6.  That is abysmal and Cam is not playng well at all. It is time to admit he just isn't an NFL quality QB anymore as he is one dimensional and can't make all the throws. Darnold may continue to struggle but honestly Cam is what he is and frankly it isn't good enough. I am glad Cam got to come back and play again for us but it just reinforces why we moved on from him in 2020 and will move on again. If Darnold plays poorly as well, whether he is under contract or not next year  we should be bringing in several options and trying to find a real NFL starter.  At this point I don't think any of current guys are the answer at QB.

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Truth is we lost the last 12 with Cam and instead of getting better with more experience in the offense he is getting worse. His passer rating the last 3 games has been 56, 70 and 6.  That is abysmal and Cam is not playng well at all. It is time to admit he just isn't an NFL quality QB anymore as he is one dimensional and can't make all the throws. Darnold may continue to struggle but honestly Cam is what he is and frankly it isn't good enough. I am glad Cam got to come back and play again for us but it just reinforces why we moved on from him in 2020 and will move on again. If Darnold plays poorly as well, whether he is under contract or not next year  we should be bringing in several options and trying to find a real NFL starter.  At this point I don't think any of current guys are the answer at QB.

That you’re including his Rating against MIA as evidence he doesn't have it anymore is pretty stupid. Again, no QB behind the line that day would’ve been even decent. And how did that game start? Two drops by Moore that Cam put right where they needed to be, then a blocked punt.

Last week vs. Bills, Cam had no time. 

Of those last 12 starts Cam has a 100+ Rating in 4 of them .. so there’s at least 4 that you can’t say is Cam’s fault .. and Miami you can’t say is Cam’s fault, nor at Buffalo .. go listen to Robbie’s presser this week

Maybe I am just so disgusted with Sam, Rhule, this entire experiment that should of lasted a few weeks now turning into multiple seasons…. 

buuuuuut I hope Sam goes out there and looks like total ass. Multiple picks. Scared of ghosts. Give me the FULL Sam experience so Rhule continues to get exposed. 

Since the teams inception (I also haven’t lived in the Carolina’s in 20 years) this is the only season I have legitimately despised my team and want to see them fail. 

20 minutes ago, BlueCheese said:

That you’re including his Rating against MIA as evidence he doesn't have it anymore is pretty stupid. Again, no QB behind the line that day would’ve been even decent. And how did that game start? Two drops by Moore that Cam put right where they needed to be, then a blocked punt.

Last week vs. Bills, Cam had no time. 

Of those last 12 starts Cam has a 100+ Rating in 4 of them .. so there’s at least 4 that you can’t say is Cam’s fault .. and Miami you can’t say is Cam’s fault, nor at Buffalo .. go listen to Robbie’s presser this week

I included all his games passer rating in an earlier post because you don't cherry pick just the games that support your position and ignore others. Selective stats are hardly convincing as is your narrative.  His passer rating since he came back is around 70. And we havent won a game with him. I mentioned the last 3 because instead of getting better he is getting worse as teams get film on the offense. If you are a Carolina fan you have to love Cam and all he has meant to the franchise since he was drafted. But in the NFL, injury gets the best of everyone like it did Cam. He needs to retire a Panther and join the team in one capacity or another. But it is clear that he isn't a starter in the league anymore and he doesn't need to be a backup just to play a few more years. He has plenty of money so it is time to move on and not spoil his legacy with declining play.

Edited by panthers55

1 hour ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Theres no stans. But im not sure how you cant see that going forward it makes more sense to give reps to the 24 year old with all the physical tools that we have to pay next year instead of the 32 year old with a broken down body

Have you not seen Sam Darnold play? Your post indicates you have not.

He is not capable of playing QB in the NFL. At all. 

This isn't new information. This is now 3+ years old information.

56 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I dont think Sam has any worse chance than Cam.  Neither have a very good chance.  Cam is what 0-12 now?   That's not all on him obviously but the people who are dead set on him being the best chance to win should see their being stans.   At least a little bit.

Oh Sam has a worse chance to win that Cam, that's not even a real debate anymore. 

But the odds of winning with a non-P5 caliber coaching staff are definitely low regardless.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I am literally amazed at the Darnold stans in here. Holy poo. The level of delusion is bananas. 

None of us want Sam for the long term. We all know we need someone else to lead us the rest of the decade if we intend to be successful.

We're saying that if we're paying 18 mil he might as well play until we (hopefully) find a replacement after 2022.

I don't think a top FA will want to come here next season. We don't have a promising QB on the roster, and this is a down year in terms of top college QB prospects. It is suppose to be a good year for lineman. Use our picks there and roll with Darnold in 2022. The QB job will much more desirable in Carolina if a new QB had a good blocking line protecting him.