• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"It's working, you just can't see it"

Mr. Scot

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The sad truth is that Matt Rhule doesn't actually have to be good at his job in order to keep it.

He just has to be able to fool David Tepper into thinking that he's good.

And if we've learned anything from Marty Hurney, Ron Rivera and Rhule, it's that David Tepper can very easily be fooled.

...this is really disturbing ....but true...seems tep is on a really big learning curve... which equals fan dissatisfaction ... hope we can recover...

I’m curious as to what is working?

-the passing game clearly isn’t 

-the running game isn’t

-the oline is a bottom three unit

-the defense has given up over 29 points per game in the ten losses

-the trades have all been massive failures

-the stands are packed with opposing fans

-we can’t keep our star running back healthy

-were still calling timeouts on offense

-standout players from last year are regressing (ie brown and chinn)

-we are largely ignored on the national stage (and for good reason)

I’m honestly not sure I can look at one thing about this franchise right now and say, “yep, Rhule and Fitterer nailed that and got it right”  

maybe the Zane Gonzalez addition ???

Edited by bigdog10
  • Pie 2

36 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

7 years is too long a leash. Rhule should have been given a 3 year contract max 

Considering that the scuttlebutt is that a coach that went 5-11 and now 5-12 is "safe" for next season, especially after all the clear signs of him not knowing what the fug he is doing.......we just happen to have a dumb as fug owner who can't admit he doesn't know what he is doing either.

Remember, this is Mr. "Marty Hurney is a great evaluator of talent."

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Considering that the scuttlebutt is that a coach that went 5-11 and now 5-12 is "safe" for next season, especially after all the clear signs of him not knowing what the fug he is doing.......we just happen to have a dumb as fug owner who can't admit he doesn't know what he is doing either.

Remember, this is Mr. "Marty Hurney is a great evaluator of talent."

Is it bad I long for the days of Marty Hurney and hope we can return to that level of mediocrity. 

• Beer 1

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Is it bad I long for the days of Marty Hurney and hope we can return to that level of mediocrity. 

Yes. Yes that is bad.

Here's one, I was talking poo with some of my buddies who are WTF fans and they were lamenting how bad Ron Rivera is(which I told them he wasn't going to work out and they didn't listen). So, I just proposed a straight up trade, Rivera for Matt Rhule. And I mean that. Give me every 2nd or 3rd year being a good team rather than this garbage. 

So, that's what this fuging ownership has reduced us to. Going back to the "glory" days of getting to claim to have a winning season every 2nd or 3rd year versus three straight years of 5 wins(tied for the lowest three year span win total in franchise history, winner of the lowest winning percentage total in a three year span in franchise history). 

Thanks Dave. You are really crushing this ownership thing. 

• Beer 1