• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade down, best QB available and the rest Oline..

Jmac

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

I don't want Rhule having a say in what QB we draft though. He's allowed Teddy and Sam to be the "answer" the past 2 years, he's lost all trust when it comes to QB decisions.

If Rhule is making the call/still here, I want us to just draft a blue chip OL and move on. If it’s a new staff then I’d be interested to see what they do with the QB position.

19 minutes ago, Newbie said:

I don’t agree with this, Slater, Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith all look like vets this year and were 1st, 2nd and 6th round picks. 

Trey Smith had a history of blood clots in his lungs.  He was likely medical red flagged by a lot of teams.  

I don't criticize the Panthers for passing on a guy like that.  

• Pie 2

I doubt we can fix QB and the OL in one offseason with our dearth of draft picks.

Maybe sign Mitch Trubisky to a short deal and roll with him and Darnold.  Spend like crazy in FA and draft fixes on the OL.  We will also have other positions of need to fill in players.

Shoot for 2024 to be really good.  This will take a few drafts at minimum IMO unless Fitty can pull off something miraculous 

Edited by Shocker

8 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

Trey Smith had a history of blood clots in his lungs.  He was likely medical red flagged by a lot of teams.  

I criticize the entire league. He had played two All-SEC seasons since it happened. Every team could afford the best medical care he’s ever gotten. No reason to see the 6th round. But, if you’re a team taking walking clogged artery and a long snapper close to his pick, it’s a little worse. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I doubt we can fix QB and the OL in one offseason with our dearth of draft picks.

Maybe sign Mitch Trubisky to a short deal and roll with him and Darnold.  Spend like crazy in FA and draft fixes on the OL.  We will also have other positions of need to fill in players.

Shoot for 2024 to be really good.  This will take a few drafts at minimum IMO unless Fitty can pull off something miraculous 

We shouldnt "spend like crazy" if the goal is to be really good in 2024.  Save the money for when its needed

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

In another similar situation, I would agree that this is the blueprint to fix our woes...

But truth is, it won't.  Not as long as Rhule is here.  The offense is so broken and the philosophy is so arcane, you literally could trade for Aaron Rodgers, and draft all starter-caliber players on the OL, and unless they give Rodgers full autonomy and power of the offense and playcalls, we would still manage to win only about 5 games a season as long as Rhule is here.

Have to start somewhere. We can't wait any longer for Rhule to get sh%t canned. Get the ball rolling and get the bodies needed. He is on the clock now. Get the goods for the next coach to work with.

Just fix the OL this off-season. Throw as much money at Terron Armstead as it takes and spend the draft beefing up the rest of the OL. Go big. 

Roll with Cam and pick up another vet in FA. 

Of course none of the above should happen if Rhule is still here. If he is, nothing matters 

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I’m aware of the blood clots and that’s why he dropped to the 6th round. He was easily worth a 6th especially for a team with a putrid offensive line like ours. We chose to pick a long snapper who couldn’t beat out the incumbent and has been on IR all season. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

We get who Rhule’s wife says we get.

You all joke, but for a late 4th round pick, she didn't do too bad picking Chuba. Quite frankly, I'd like to see what other gems she can get in late rounds. 🍺

She's already shown to be more valuable than Rhule.

Edited by EgoDogg
  • Beer 2

Pro Football Focus projects three offensive linemen and two quarterbacks drafted inside the top 10 of their latest mock draft. Tackles Evan Neal (Alabama) and Charles Cross (Mississippi State) are the top blindside protectors in the 2022 class while Iowa’s Tyler Linderbaum is considered one of the best center prospects of all time.

Alabama offensive tackle Evan Neal (73) is one of the top-rated linemen in the 2022 NFL draft class.

Alabama offensive tackle Evan Neal (73) is one of the top-rated linemen in the 2022 NFL draft class.

Experts project a much weaker quarterback class than a year ago. Kenny Pickett (Pittsburgh) and Matt Corral (Ole Miss) are the first two signal-callers off PFF’s board. But without first solidifying the offensive line with sound investments, the Panthers risk ruining Pickett or Corral behind inadequate protection.

4 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

IMO we tank next year. Trade off our assets, trade back in the draft to acquire future picks, let Rhule run this team to an 0-17 record, then cut ties. 

Start fresh with a new coach, loaded draft capital and a shiny new training facility. Time to burn it down so we can build it back up.  May have to say goodbye to some fan favorite players and fans in the mean time, but winning will bring fans back. 

i was thinking the same thing IMO i think Fitty will trade some of our current players who have value to regain draft capital that we lost this year and trade back in the draft for even more! I'm not a fan of tanking i know its a organizational decision but just not a fan of tanking!