• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holy poo balls this is bad.

Zod

I guess it was blind faith that Matt (he doesn’t deserve the dignity of being addressed by his last name) would work out but I guess the bottom line is that the Panthers as an organization have been incompetent since their inception.

The best coach in franchise history has a winning percentage a hair over .500 and if it weren’t for lucking into Cam Newton then we’d be Jacksonville Jaguars of NFC (if we already aren’t).

The organization rarely gets anything right on the first attempt, I don’t know why we expected this situation to be any different.

• Beer 1

Just now, L-TownCat said:

Because he’s not getting fired.  Not 1 shred of evidence is leaning towards Rhule being fired.  The process should have already initiated.

You just had the team mouthpiece state how embarrassed Tepper is. He has lost the team. The fan base will not react well to him being here next year. I don’t see how anyone can justify him being in charge for another year. 

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Honestly, I’m warming up to the fact that he is going to be here next year. We’re clearly not going to win many games next year regardless and we don’t have enough cap space or draft capital to fix anything this off-season, so we may as well have him leading the charge and taking the fall for the poo show he’s created. I honestly hope he bails mid year like Petrino did just to show the rest of the league and its fans what type of guy he is. 

it sucks that we will have to sit through another crappy year of football, but at least we know the new head coach will be walking into a top five pick, in a better qb class draft. 

With all that said, Tepper needs to strip him of roster control at seasons end to make certain he doesn’t mortgage our future. 

The new head coach will not be walking into a top 5 pick next season. Rhule will trade away our 2023 picks to try and save his ass for 2022. We need to get rid of him now and hit re-start on the rebuild. Draft o-line this year and trade or sign a QB in 2023. Right now guys like Watson and Stafford don’t want to come here because our coaches, scheme and line suck. With the current roster plus a real coach and better line we’ll be .500 next season and might make the playoffs. We can then attract a better QB in 2023 to become a legitimate contender. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, CRA said:

I always use Dabo as the example.   A legit great college coach.  But he is a recruiter, culture guy, and motivator.  And his formula wouldn't work on NFL players.   At all.  Would be silly to attempt it.  I don't think it is so much about seeing through what Dabo does.  But a 18 year old kid and 28 year old family man see everything different in life.  Because life is drastically different for the two. 

In pros you basically just need a respected locker room guy ...who is a great in the moment game manager that excels at gameplanning week to week (X and Os).   

Pro players want coaches who put them in the positions to make plays and win games.  To do that a coach has to be good at X's and O's -> gameplans, in-game adjustments, in-season adjustments, accurate player talent evaluations.   

If a coach can surround an NFL player with talented other players, draw up great game plans, identify specific situational tendencies of the opponent and make the necessary adjustments, that's going to help the player win.  And also make big plays (the sack, the INT) which helps his future contracts.   That's what NFL players respect.

All the other stuff is just window dressing.

And the Panthers players have seen enough of Rhule to know he's bad at basically all of these things.  The guy might be a good rah-rah college coach like Swinney but he's a fraud at the NFL level.  And that's why Rhule has lost the locker room.  Everybody knows he's incompetent at the NFL game.  

Edited by BlitzMonster
  • Pie 5

13 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I couldn't be happier that I unloaded our PSLs years ago. I've also become a lot more accepting and less emotionally attached since making a conscious decision to give up my fandom for any one team. It's far better to be just a fan of the game and enjoy watching the sport for what it is instead of allowing a team to impact your life on an emotional level.

Now, I watch whatever football game may look to be interesting, otherwise I have other things to do. It's such a better life, a healthier life.

The franchise is broken. Fixing a broken franchise is not easy because the owner is making money hand over fist regardless of the team's success or failure. Only when an owner truly wants the team to succeed is there an opportunity to fix it.

This was me before we drafted Peppers. I had casual interest in the Panthers as the local team but there was never anything to make me take the leap into full fledged fandom until we drafted Peppers out of UNC. Prior to that I was just a general NFL fan with favorite players more so than favorite teams and I'd basically just tune into the best game on at the time.

• Pie 1