• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have to “make a true investment” in the OL

ncfan

34 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I hope we stick with Darnold (and PJ as our backup lol) if Rhule is retained for 2022.  Don't waste any more resources on QBs for this shitty staff to ruin/fail to rehab.

Agreed. Our best bet is to have a lame duck year next year with Rhule and Darnold

we should at worst have the number 6 pick this year. Trade down with someone picking in the teens and see if we can pick up their first for next year also. Draft the best guard or center available and let Rhule and Sam carry us to another top 5 pick next year where we would hopefully have a Top 5 pick and another first to get a QB and either another lineman or WR to pair with like the Bengals did with Burrow

i know its gloomy right now but this doesnt have to be the 5 year purgatory people think it will be. Sacrifice next year without letting Rhule burn any additional resources and things might be looking good going into 2023. New coach, rookie QB like a Bryce Young or CJ Stroud, a revamped OLine and should still have some young core left on defense like Horn, CJ, Chinn, Burns, YGM. Hell id even sit McCaffrey all and stuff him in a hyperbaric chamber the whole year and see if he can still spin after 2 years to get healthy. It kinda worked with Jonathan Stewart lol

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

The sad part is we've already made an investment in our Oline. Erving and Elfien aren't worth what we paid. Miller and Jordan wouldn't be on a roster anywhere else. Paradis was hot garbage. We spent a 3rd and a 6th on a LT and a RG and have no idea if either can play, though it looks like both are better than anything we've fielded this year. 

Right now we should know if BC is a LT. We don't because his arms are an inch too short. Well Slater's arms are a little too short but he's a stud LT as a rookie. Brown, who knows what he can do. But it sure as hell can't be worse than Miller. These guys needed to play this year so we know what we have going into the offseason. Currently we need 4 positions on the line with 1 draft pick in the 1st 3 rounds and we have 2 guys we have no idea what if they can fill a spot or not. 

Rhule is living in a fantasy world. Make a true investment in this franchise. Kick his fugging ass to the curb. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

32 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The sad part is we've already made an investment in our Oline. Erving and Elfien aren't worth what we paid. Miller and Jordan wouldn't be on a roster anywhere else. Paradis was hot garbage. We spent a 3rd and a 6th on a LT and a RG and have no idea if either can play, though it looks like both are better than anything we've fielded this year. 

Right now we should know if BC is a LT. We don't because his arms are an inch too short. Well Slater's arms are a little too short but he's a stud LT as a rookie. Brown, who knows what he can do. But it sure as hell can't be worse than Miller. These guys needed to play this year so we know what we have going into the offseason. Currently we need 4 positions on the line with 1 draft pick in the 1st 3 rounds and we have 2 guys we have no idea what if they can fill a spot or not. 

Rhule is living in a fantasy world. Make a true investment in this franchise. Kick his fugging ass to the curb. 

For those keeping score Greg Little hasnt played a snap this season and I dont think he has even been active once.  2nd round pick boys and girls.

• Pie 1

I remember how excited I was to potentially see Brown at RG at some point. Then Miller and Daley kept seeing the field and I realized it was hopeless. 

Slight slight silver lining, if we’re OK with BC and moton on the ends…. The middle of the line is slightly easier of a fix. Just has to be done properly.

Also, how has Elf been at center?

3 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

Only a year too late, Matty. Although… we could use a true slot receiver, maybe another corner? A backup longsnapper? Definitely some other options to consider other than the ones that would actually address the issue.

That's many positions. They needsomeone who can truly evaluate talent and play to whatever offense they want to run. You have no coordinator and the coach is just not on an NFL level. He wants to run the same offense as Ron how could you mess that up?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

That's many positions. They needsomeone who can truly evaluate talent and play to whatever offense they want to run. You have no coordinator and the coach is just not on an NFL level. He wants to run the same offense as Ron how could you mess that up?

But hey, we did pick a wr just so the saints couldnt get him

46 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Also, how has Elf been at center?

Better than Paradis but still not good overall I think... He's not the worst on the OL at least but that isn't saying a ton. It's also hard to tell what is the C vs what is the Gs sometimes. But I'm no OL expert either.

This staff brought in the OL we have largely. 

This staff brought in Sam and traded away our 22 draft

This staff just paid Robby Anderson a boatload of cash

And Matt Rhule is the guy who is now going to invest in our OL? Why would we want anymore of Rhule’s fingerprints on our O

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

This staff brought in the OL we have largely. 

This staff brought in Sam and traded away our 22 draft

This staff just paid Robby Anderson a boatload of cash

And Matt Rhule is the guy who is now going to invest in our OL? Why would we want anymore of Rhule’s fingerprints on our O

If his statement means we are picking line at 6.  And there are 4 just top notch talent guys at the top, I mean can even rhule screw that up?  I mean he probably can somehow but the odds are in his favor not to right?  There are 4/5 (counting green) plug and play players and surely we cannot fug that up

• Pie 1

If the Panthers trade back to pick up more draft choices and no blue chip left tackle is  available i want them to select:
Tyler Linderbaum*, C, Iowa
Height: 6-3. Weight: 290.
Projected 40 Time: 5.1.
Projected Round (2022): 1-2.
View Ranking History

12/11/21 Linderbaum is a very polished and well-rounded player. The 6-foot-3, 290-pounder plays with good leverage and demonstrates advanced hand placement. He is able to sink his hips to anchor against bull rushes while showing quickness and agility to adjust to speed. Linderbaum looks like a safe pick to become a quality starter in the NFL, and he could be selected in the back half of the first round if he enters the 2022 NFL Draft.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1