• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading Back -- What It Might Look Like

SetfreexX

1 minute ago, Wanderlai said:

Those type of big hauls come if someone wants to secure a QB. No real big time QBs but things may change come combine time. 

This is what we need to hope, and then kick ourselves for not operating with intelligence last year as we owe a bum 19M. For all the talk of treating Sam like a rookie, oh he's just one of 53, you opted to pick up his 5th year without one snap and committed guarantees to him as though he was NOT A ROOKIE. 

He was 4M in 2021, that salary will more than quadruple for 22' that is insane roster / cap management, we all know Sam is not an answer moving forward. And we passed on a QB to take a corner. Could have had a REAL competition, and went with the best man, yet here we are still trying to figure something out. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Your GFs favorite huddler said:

I think if you trade off getting a 2023 1st you could pick up a 2 and Maybe a 3 or 4 this year. Not having to include a first next year might make a team more willing to part with a 2 and 3 

A 2023 Panther first round pick is not something I am would be willing to part with.  GM can’t do that and keep Rhule.  It’s giving away a top 10 pick.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

A 2023 Panther first round pick is not something I am would be willing to part with.  GM can’t do that and keep Rhule.  It’s giving away a top 10 pick.

I’m not saying we trade our 2023 first I’m saying if you don’t include the other teams 2023 first in the trade and it’s just this a swap of firsts this year + a 2nd or 3rd 

as opposed to the above trade 

where they swapped picks and got a 4th and the following years first from the other team 

The Giants game this week is huge.  IF the Giants win and we move to 5 (in front of both Giants picks), I could see Washington wanting to trade into our spot to get in front of the Giants if both teams are eyeing the same QB/player.  

we would go from 5 to 9, plus could get Washington’s 2nd or 3rd and an early pick next year.  

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Your GFs favorite huddler said:

I think if you trade off getting a 2023 1st you could pick up a 2 and Maybe a 3 or 4 this year. Not having to include a first next year might make a team more willing to part with a 2 and 3 

TBF looking at 23' I  think I'd take the future 1st, we will need ammunition to move up for a QB, prepping for that during this off-season / draft would go a long way in solidifying that position moving forward. 

I'm also not against selecting Willis while adding OL via trading back a time or two if the cards can fall right.

Edited by SetfreexX
  • Pie 1

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

I have zero interest in watching our GM trade down all of the 2022 draft simply because he traded away our 22 draft picks. 

Did he or did Matt Rhule force his hand? I don't think we can confidently answer that question 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

When Miami moved down from 3rd to 12th the deal was.

Miami Receives: 

2021 12th overall pick

2021 3rd round pick

2022 1st round pick

2023 1st round pick

San Francisco Receives:

2021 3rd overall pick

We could get a nice ransom if things fall right.

And this is the only reason I’d do something comparable to this because rhule is going to fail miserably this upcoming season if he is retained and having a new coaching staff with a poo ton of draft capital is very enticing for future coaching prospects.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Smithers said:

The Giants game this week is huge.  IF the Giants win and we move to 5 (in front of both Giants picks), I could see Washington wanting to trade into our spot to get in front of the Giants if both teams are eyeing the same QB/player.  

we would go from 5 to 9, plus could get Washington’s 2nd or 3rd and an early pick next year.  

yea this would be incredible, could still land a top tier tackle 

• Pie 2

To assume a team will not want to move up for a QB in this draft is not the best thinking. Of course, free agency could mix things up, but not enough to fill everyone's satisfaction.

Some team will fall in love with Pickett (maybe us).  Someone will want to have a run/pass threat like Corral, and some team will want Howell.  Willis might intrigue some team seeking a Jackson-ish QB.    Teams will be interested in moving up a few spots to get their guy.

I see the two pass rushers and Neal going 1, 2, 3--and I do not see a team giving up as much as it would require to trade up to 1, 2, or 3.  So the Draft trading will start around #4.  Let's say the Browns are ready to move on from Mayfield--they could take one of these QBs and and give the Panthers 13 and 45.  Do the Panthers still get a stud OL?  Yes. Do they get a second rounder?  Yes.  However, I think the Panthers will take the #1 QB on the board if he is there at #6.

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

TBF looking at 23' I  think I'd take the future 1st, we will need ammunition to move up for a QB, prepping for that during this off-season / draft would go a long way in solidifying that position moving forward. 

I'm also not against selecting Willis while adding OL via trading back a time or two if the cards can fall right.

Trading down and adding OL pieces is the only play. As much as I love Corral we just can’t ignore this issue any longer. I’m even of the opinion that if Neal is there at 6 you trade down and take Linderbuam and see if the UGA tackle makes it out of the first round 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

44 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Will Rhule survive Monday, January 10th...aka ''Black Monday''

That's what this will all boil down to, and even if Pickett is his guy, we have cap with some names to secure long term (Moore, Jackson or Gilmore, etc.) so money for OL will be limited in free agency to some degree. 

We almost don't have a choice in regard to trading down to make sure we can acquire some top OL talent since we don't have a 2nd or 3rd this year, and I doubt if we did it's outside the top 15, Fitterer was quoted if memory serves talking about the drop off around that point in the first. 

I am truly intrigued to see what happens this off-season, we have a lot of talent at some key spots, the OL, and QB play really held us back, I'm honestly impressed with what the defense did all things considered.

I pray to sweet baby Jesus every night that he is fired 

take a closer look at the defense against better teams….you won’t like what you see.

• Pie 1