• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers taking offers for Cmac in the off-season

Leotiger

1 minute ago, CBDellinger said:

thats a crazy number.

never ever give a RB a 2nd contract.  just draft another one in round 3.

That's been my soapbox since the Double Trouble days.   I don't like first round RBs and  I don't like second contracts.   

I mean, CMC is a bad dude.  Love to watch him play.  Just seems like a pointless way to build a team in the NFL. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

41 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

I feel like we have held him out of games just being overly protected of one our better game changers.. I understand he is a labeled as running back but he is also likely are 2nd best WR.. typically I don’t hold a lot a value in running backs but is he more!!!! With that said if we are truly thinking of trading him in the off-season we should have played him more if in fact he was only being held out to protect our long term asset.. now you want to trade him ? What’s his off-season trade value? 

2A0C9AEA-DC1C-41FE-96F6-5340AE4F7C6C.png

Nothing wrong with seeing how much we can get for him.  Remember, Rhule through us under the bus with picks we can use to bolster the O line and QB.  Fire Rhule, XX XXX

McCaffrey could still easily be worth the contract if the Panthers did the sensible thing and made him a primary receiver who also plays RB.  

Granted our QBs suck.  But if we had a solid QB, CMC would tear it up in the slot and out of the backfield.  The way the Saints used Kamara for all of those years is how McCaffrey should be used.  There is NO reason for CMC to have 20+ carries in a game.

The ideal touch count for him is about 10-12 in the run game and 5-7 in the receiving game.  

• Pie 2

40 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I'm not overly surprised by this. I've long expected that the Panthers were going to look for ways to offload perceived luxury players in order to try and gain much needed draft assets. 

Rhule needs to rebuild the line and fix the QB position to save his job. There's going to be some serious wheeling and dealing this off season.

I don't know if Rhule is smart enough to do that properly.  Fire Rhule, XX XXX

Can someone please make a thread of every single post on here that said before the season…”we should trade CMC in a package for an ACTUAL quarterback.” 

He’s got Lev Bell type injury history now. Who is going to give us fair value. STOP getting attached to particular players. Unless his name is Brady, Rodgers, Allen, Watson, Wilson….they are replaceable. 

32 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Start ASAP. If no takers tell him he is a WR or can retire. Thank you, lots of love but it's happening.

He's making WR money. He'd wouldn't get contact from 300lb linemen every damn touch.

He should have been Cooper Kupp in the NFL. That would have been a position swap that everyone could understand and get behind.

He should have been used exactly like they used Smitty, but again that was a professional NFL staff.

• Beer 1