• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After thinking about it, if I were Tepper I would probably keep Rhule

Cdparr7

I've thought about this.  We need to be able to attract a good coach, and cutting bait every two seasons might not be a good look if you're trying to attract a good candidate.  The reality is.....we're fugged indefinitely.

The right play is to build from the inside out.  Something we've long neglected.  As long as we start to rebuild the trenches that's all I care about.  I could care less if we suck next year because it's going to happen regardless.  I just want to see assets on the Oline invested in.  The reality is with a good Oline we probably do win more games regardless of the coach.  

1 minute ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I've thought about this.  We need to be able to attract a good coach, and cutting bait every two seasons might not be a good look if you're trying to attract a good candidate.  The reality is.....we're fugged indefinitely.

The right play is to build from the inside out.  Something we've long neglected.  As long as we start to rebuild the trenches that's all I care about.  I could care less if we suck next year because it's going to happen regardless.  I just want to see assets on the Oline invested in.  The reality is with a good Oline we probably do win more games regardless of the coach.  

Legit NFL HC candidates aren't dumb. I don't think any would blame us for moving on from Rhule. It's all in how it's framed. Tepper can't come out and bash Rhule for being an incompetent schmuck. He's gotta own it. Say that he still thinks Matt Rhule has the ability to be a great coach, but as an inexperienced owner still learning the ropes he set him up to fail by giving him too much too soon and that allowed Rhule to dig himself a hole that he doesn't believe he's equipped to overcome at this time. We wish him well and we expect well out of him down the road, but we need to go a different direction at this time.

• Pie 2

17 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

I want this guy fired as much as anyone, but thinking about it from Tepper’s perspective (and ego) keeping Rhule 1 more year makes sense. Not to us fans because it’s clear to us and probably to DT too.

-By keeping Rhule 1 more year, Tepper can give him another season to prove himself to the media, and everyone else that Rhule needs to be terminated and he’s not going to be the messiah everyone thought. It also allows Tepper to display he’s not a hot head whose impatient and going to fire the next coach on the spot.

-Rhule is almost certainly going to cause the team to crash and burn this season, which guarantees a higher draft pick (and full draft board) it also gives us a throw away season where we can play a ton of young players and allow them to gain experience while giving us another year to unload some of these heavy contracts we have (Darnold, McCaffrey, Anderson)

-It allows him to see another year of Fitterer. If Scott isn’t the answer, I could see Tepper letting him go with Rhule and bringing in 2 new guys.

-It gives Dave a whole year to eyeball who he wants for the vacancy.

As much as I hate to say it, I think Rhule might be sticking around but for the sole purpose to tank next season. 

It's nice to see someone is finally thinking about it instead of screaming emotionally. Complete rebuilds take longer than 2 seasons. Landry needed 7 seasons and Starbach, Noll 4 seasons and Bradshaw, and Belichick 4 and then had 2 more losing seasons while also being fired and changing teams before he found Brady.  

3 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

I like Leftwich the Bucs offensive coordinator a little better personally. Doesn't Andy Reid do Bieniemy's job for him basically from what I've read? This is what has made Bieniemy stick around as a candidate for a head coaching job longer with him not truly having all the duties of a full offensive coordinator like control of play calling?

Bienemy will be another in a long list of Andy Reid tree failures.  The only Reid disciples who have made a mark in the league are defensive guys.  It's understandable, as you said, Reid is the offensive genius.  If you're doing defense under Reid, you're probably the one doing the job.  If you're on the offensive side, you're just a coffee carrier to King Andy.

Leftwich is in the same boat.  Not only is Arians the offensive mind, you're giving him props when he's got the GOAT at QB.  It's Adam Gase all over again.

What you're looking for is someone like a Nathaniel Hackett or Brian Callahan.  Guys who are actually doing the job and have done so with something less than super talent at every position.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

It's nice to see someone is finally thinking about it instead of screaming emotionally. Complete rebuilds take longer than 2 seasons. Landry needed 7 seasons and Starbach, Noll 4 seasons and Bradshaw, and Belichick 4 and then had 2 more losing seasons while also being fired and changing teams before he found Brady.  

Yes. Because Rhule should be compared to coaches from the 1970s with no free agency or salary cap. Only way to acquire talent was draft or cuts. Don’t sully legendary names with the incompetent display Rhule has shown for two years. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, BrianS said:

Bienemy will be another in a long list of Andy Reid tree failures.  The only Reid disciples who have made a mark in the league are defensive guys.  It's understandable, as you said, Reid is the offensive genius.  If you're doing defense under Reid, you're probably the one doing the job.  If you're on the offensive side, you're just a coffee carrier to King Andy.

Leftwich is in the same boat.  Not only is Arians the offensive mind, you're giving him props when he's got the GOAT at QB.  It's Adam Gase all over again.

What you're looking for is someone like a Nathaniel Hackett or Brian Callahan.  Guys who are actually doing the job and have done so with something less than super talent at every position.

I'm inclined to agree about Bienemy and Leftwich. Andy Reid's OC is just a title. Andy Reid is the OC. His OC in title is just a long-term assistant he really respects and wants to reward. Tom Brady is basically the Bucs' OC. He's running Arians' system on the field. It's basically the same as Peyton Manning late in his career. 

• Pie 2

56 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Oh boy, of Leftwich is in the same boat as Bieniemy then forget that. You are right, it's the Adam Gase scenario all over again with Leftwich if that is the case. I will have to look up Hackett and Callahan. You have me curious now.